You bring your body, mind, heart and spirit to your work as a Medical Receptionist.
You know how to move fast. You know how to stay organized. You know how to have fun.
You’re great at what you do, but you want to be part of something even greater. Because you believe that while individuals can be strong, the right team is invincible.
SCL Health Medical Group is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered care. With locations throughout Colorado and Montana, we offer a wide variety of primary and specialty care services.
Benefits are one of the ways we encourage health for you and your family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision coverage. But health is more than a well-working body: it encompasses body, mind and social well-being. To that end, we’ve launched a Healthy Living program to address your holistic health. Healthy Living includes financial incentives, digital tools, tobacco cessation, classes, counseling and paid time off. We also offer financial wellness tools and retirement planning.
Together we’ll align mission and careers, values and workplace. We’ll encourage joy and take pride in our integrity.
We’ll laugh at each other’s jokes (even the bad ones). We’ll hello and high five. We’ll celebrate milestones and acknowledge the value of spirituality in healing.
We’re proud of what we know, which includes how much there is to learn.
As a Medical Receptionist you need to know how to:
- Greet and register patients in a prompt, pleasant manner; verifying and recording necessary information
- Open telephone lines, answer telephones, direct calls, take messages, return calls, provide information, and closes the telephone lines
- Verify insurance and method of payment, collect co-pays, self-pay fees, and payments on accounts
- Schedule appointments, distribute daily schedule to staff and physicians, update schedules and notifies staff of changes
- Review charge slips for accuracy and completeness
- Enter daily charges and co-pays. Batch daily production and sends to PBS
- Retrieve, open, and distribute mail
- Assemble, maintain, pull, route, and file patient charts as related
- Assist in referral process
- Schedule patient appointments with physicians and complete procedures ordered by the physician
- Send confirmation cards, recall cards, and new patient packets
- Maintain office supplies and equipment and assist with necessary ordering
- Maintain patient confidentiality at all times
- Meet the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
- Act with customers in mind
- Establish and maintain effective relationships and gain patients’ trust and respect
- Develop positive working relationships with patients through responsiveness and delivery of accurate, timely and effective services
- Exhibit effort and follow-through in resolving patient problems and needs in a timely manner or keeps patients frequently abreast of development and status of issue
We hire people, not resumes. But we also expect excellence, which is why we require:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- 1 year experience in a medical field preferred
- Will consider other receptionist or clerical experience
Your next move.
Now that you know more about being a Medical Receptionist on our team we hope you’ll join us. At SCL Health you’ll reaffirm every day how much you love this work, and why you were called to it in the first place.