- Nonprofit Experience
- Medical Terminology
- Social Work
- Office Experience
- Social Work License
MUST HAVE CURRENT/ACTIVE CONTACT NUMBER AND OR EMAIL TO BE CONSIDERED
Responsibilities include working with other medical providers to perform initial and on-going diagnostic assessments with a focus on alcohol and drug abuse, addiction, abuse/addiction-related issues; developing individual treatment plans; providing individual counseling and behavioral interventions, substance abuse and addiction case management, and providing educational services to staff, patients, and the community. This position will work closely with primary care providers and other mental health providers. Will be required to work independently as well as in collaboration with other care providers as part of the patient care team.
PRIMARY TASKS & DUTIES
Typical tasks & duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinate and collaborate with the client’s primary care provider to improve health outcomes
- Assist, develop, and implement treatment plans
- Listen and interview clients to help identify abuse triggers
- Teach patients coping mechanisms and best way to prevent relapse during
- Liaise with client’s families and medical providers
- Document case findings, diagnoses, and recommendations in a clear and concise manner
- Maintain accurate and timely records of all client related services and case management notes
- Motivate individuals to desist from an addictive behavior and accept treatment
- Assist in patient setting up a support network
- Track client’s recovery process and identify the need for treatment plan adjustment
- Hold periodic therapy sessions with clients to prevent recidivism
- Participate in educational workshops to identify new techniques of resolving substance abuse
- Provide crisis intervention as needed
- Completes charting and required paperwork in a timely manner using GHC electronic medical records.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/KEY COMPETENCIES
- Function in a multi-tasking, multiple priorities environment, while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail.
- Utilize a wide variety of office technology and tools to collect, enter, process, file patient records and documentation
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Demonstrated knowledge of practical applications of substance use disorder treatment and program approaches
- Masters degree in Social Work and currently licensed as a LMSW or LISW in the state of South Carolina. Additional certification or training specific to substance abuse preferred.
- Minimum of two years’ experience working in a mental health setting with clinical diagnosis and treatment responsibilities.
- Experience working in a nonprofit organization preferred but not required.
- Ability to prioritize and to multi-task in a fast paced
- Ability to handle confidential information in a discreet, professional manner.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and analytical
- Ability to be an effective team player and display
- General computer competence including basic Word and potential to be trained on specific software for patient information, billing and communication.
- “Skilled” business office experience.
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
- Ability to interact with computer screen for up to six hours at a time (visual acuity required).
- Must have manual dexterity for use of keyboard. Ability to remain stationary for periods of up to four hours. Ability to communicate via phone, mail and in person to resolve disputes, solve problems, etc.
- Capacity to function in a sometimes stressful, multi-tasking environment
- Excellent patient care
- Provide the highest quality of services to all patients
- Ensures services in a timely manner to patients
- Ensure and uphold the confidentially requirements of all patient records, and manage al daily task and activities consistent with HIPAA, state and federal laws and regulations, as well as the clinic’s policies and regulations regarding confidentiality and security.
- Assures that all payments issued are appropriate and documented as ordered and received
- Develop and ensure effective, positive relationships within and among the clinic staff, as well as with patients, vendors, contractors, and related resources.
- Ensure all actions, job performance, personal conduct and communications represent the organization in a highly professional manner at all times.
- Uphold and ensure compliance with and attention to all corporate policies and procedures, as well as the mission and values of the organization.
- Promotes and believes in the GHC mission statement
- The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
- All job requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with federal and state laws.
- Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or other abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Please review the employee handbook carefully. It determines the nature and extent of the employment relationship, and you must familiarize yourself with its contents, and adhere to all of the policies and procedures of GHC, whether set forth in the handbook or elsewhere. The policies, procedures and standard practices described in the manual, including this document, are not conditions of employment. The manual does not create an express or implied contract between GHC and any of its employees. GHC reserves the right to terminate any employee, at any time, with or without notice or procedure, for any reason deemed by the Company to be in the best interests of the Company, including for no reason at all. The information in the handbook and/or otherwise presented by the Company represents guidelines only, and GHC reserves the right to modify the handbook, amend or terminate any policies, procedures, or employee benefit programs whether or not described in the handbook at any time, or to require and/or increase contributions toward these benefits programs.
Job Type: Full-time
edit jobclose jobview cost & performancefind candidates for this jobViews: 731Candidates: 45Status: Open – pauseCreated: Nov 20 2017View public job page
Promote this job for more candidates:
Products – Resources – FAQ – Blog - Contact©2018 Indeed - Cookies, Privacy and Terms
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- Social Work: 1 year (Preferred)