- Top of Market Compensation
- 401k Matching
- Health, Vision, Dental from Day 1
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible Schedule
- Growing company with 5 communities in Northern Virginia and Maryland
- Competitive Departmental Budget
- Team of Dedicated Assistants
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties of the Director of Excitement include developing and implementing a program of physical, mental, and spiritual activities which will assist the residents in living life as fully and as naturally as possible, and maintaining and/or restoring their physical and mental capacities in accordance with current applicable federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations, our established policies and procedures, and as may be directed by your supervisor, to assure that a successful Recreation/Activity Program is maintained at all times.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
The following job functions have been determined to be essential to the position. Leadership reserves the right to modify this list and other functions as deemed necessary.
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, evaluate, and direct activity programs of the community, assuming responsibility and accountability.
- Interview residents and families to determine each resident's spiritual, social, recreational, and emotional needs and interest.
- Perform administrative requirements such as completing necessary forms, charge slips, ordering of necessary materials, supplies, regulated activity records, or others as directed.
- Prepare community newsletter.
- Organize, schedule and supervise activities according to the interest expressed by residents.
- Select and supervise volunteers, families, community agencies, etc. to develop and maximize the activity program for residents.
- Supervise and work effectively with other members of the department.
- Visit residents to determine their preferences for programs.
- Encourage resident assistance with and participation in scheduled activities.
- Establish and maintain community involvement and create a homelike atmosphere for residents.
- Transport or oversee the transportation of residents to appointments and other outside activities.
- Document observations and plans of action in appropriate records.
- Participate in care plan meetings.
- Perform emergency procedures such as Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
- Develop, maintain, and periodically update written policies and procedures that govern the day-to-day functions of the Engagement Department.
- Participate in surveys made by authorized government agencies.
- Facilitate the coordination of the Engagement Department services and other departments to maintain quality care for residents and offer equal opportunities for employees.
- Work with the Community President to review, monitor, intervene and document complaints and grievances from residents, families, visitors and employees.
- Prepare reports and recommendations regarding the operation of the Engagement Department.
- Review and revise activity care plans on a regular basis within the guidelines of state and federal regulations and Community policies.
- Maintain privacy and confidentiality of records, conditions and other information relating to residents, employees, and Community.
- Perform assigned tasks in accordance with Community policies and procedures.
- Comply with established universal precautions and isolation procedures.
- Monitor and audit documentation for errors or inconsistencies, and make necessary corrections or document reasons for corrections not made.
- Delegate authority to our Engagement Team as appropriate.
- Notify supervisor of pending absence or tardiness within the time frame described in the personnel handbook.
- Establish and encourage an atmosphere of optimism, warmth, and interest in resident activity preferences and needs.
- Meet with other supervisory staff as scheduled to assist in identifying and correcting problems and/or the improvement of services.
- Follow established smoking regulations and report violations.
- Maintain accounts receivable and payable files.
- Maintain financial file on each resident.
- Answer phone and direct calls to others.
- Complete typing as assigned.
- Assist in assuring all necessary forms are completed on time.
- Prepare any resident billing associated with activities.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the President.
Job Type: Full-time
- Activities: 3 years (Required)