Attention: All applicants must have and demonstrate in your resume experience with the following job description.
JOB TITLE: Senior Security Engineer - PKI
DEPARTMENT: Network Operations
VERSA Integrated Solutions, Inc. is a Maryland based SBA 8(a) certified engineering company. VERSA is committed to delivering technical expertise and engineering services that are both cost conscious and offer the highest return on investment for our customers.
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION:
- Assist in the Design, test, implement changes/additions to the PKI infrastructures
- Provide consulting to all lines of business's the agency on security related topics to include encryption and certificates etc.
- Interface with vendors that provide security/encryption related services to the bank
- Participate in defining and developing the strategic plan for PKI for the enterprise
- Lead the definition and implementation of POCs around PKI and other certificate related technologies
- Ensure 24x7 uptime of the PKI services
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in engineering or a related field with 6-8 years of IT infrastructure integration experience with a recent focus on security
- Demonstrated expertise in PKI infrastructure
- Strong Linux/UNIX experience
- Understanding of networking concepts
- Strong Windows experience
- Enterprise integration and migration experience
- Ability to coordinate and Support large & complex projects including product upgrades and deployment of new capabilities and enhancements.
- Experience leading (or being a senior member of) a highly technical team
- Background in delivering full-life cycle projects
- Strong analytical skills to solve problems, perform research and derive solution opportunities
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Analyzing and decomposing system requirements to develop software requirements
- Documenting requirements in a Software Requirements Specification
- Performing trade studies in support of major design decisions
- Participating in customer reviews
- Writing and dry-running test procedures to verify system requirements
- Conducting formal testing for customer witnesses
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE JOB:
Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field, or the equivalent experience is required. Advanced degree preferred.
In addition, a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience is required, 12 years are preferred.
Must be capable of obtaining a Security Clearance.
The successful Senior PKI Systems Engineer should have the following:
- 10 years minimum in Engineering, 7 years minimum in Systems Engineering
- 10 years minimum working full scale development programs in a team environment
- 7 years minimum experience with requirements tracking tools
- Familiarity with X.509 and Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)
- Familiarity with web tech
Job Type: Full-time
- full scale development: 7 years (Required)
- systems engineering: 7 years (Required)
- PKI: 7 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off