Registered Nurse (RN) Oncology
Jersey City Medical Center
Jersey City, NJ
Part Time Day
The primary purpose of the Nurse is to provide direct care to patients in the ambulatory setting with a specialized focus in the oncologic surgical subspecialty clinics. The Nurse works collaboratively with all members of the health care team to ensure patients receive efficient, safe and high-quality care. The scope of the position is defined by the Nurse Practice Act of the State of New Jaret and the standard Operating Procedures set forth by the Cancer Institute of New Jersey.
- BA/BS/BSN preferred. Additional experience required based upon specific department needs.
- Current NJ Licensure.
- Must be willing to pursue ONS Chemo Certification.
- OCN Certification preferred.
- BLS Healthcare Provider Current.
- Experience working with urban populations of multiple ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate efficiently via electronic health record.
- Will be expected to obtain certification in oncology nursing when eligible.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Must meet requirements of the ADA. Able to walk, stand, sit and lift up to 30lbs. without restriction.
- Phlebotomy certification required.
To apply, please submit your resume through Indeed.
About RWJ Jersey City Medical Center
If you want to work in a premier hospital that wins awards, nurtures people, and tirelessly strives to advance care, you’ll find your match at Jersey City Medical Center. Our not-for-profit hospital, a proud member of RWJBarnabas Health, has been honored time and again—for our strides in patient care and safety, and as the regional leader in specialties like cardiology, stroke, and trauma care.
As our status and patient volume continue to grow, we are adding talent to our organization.
Among our many accolades, we have been designated 8 times the only A-Rated for Safety Hospital, awarded Magnet Recognition for superior nursing, named Best Regional Hospital by US News and World Report and ranked among the 100 best places to work in healthcare (nationally). Jersey City Medical Center is also ideally located— in the vibrant Jersey City waterfront community overlooking the harbor, just 10 minutes from New York City, with a grand view of the Statue of Liberty.
RWJBarnabas Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Part-time
Work Location: In person