This position supports the overall Technology Operations production application monitoring staff that perform tasks such as, overseeing file processing, ensuring processing jobs are completed as scheduled, and responding to real-time transaction processing issues in a 24x7 environment. Working with the NOC and IT engineering, provides second level troubleshooting and resolution of system, application and network issues.
- Perform monitoring of UNIX/Linux and Windows operating systems on physical servers and virtual environments
- Perform maintenance, monitoring, and support of Early Warning LAN/WAN environment, Web Hosting Services, and Telco/Network devices
- Interact with multiple internal and external customers and vendors for escalated issue resolution to provide highest level of quality customer service
- Work closely with IT engineering in expedited resolution of hardware or operating system related problems (failed disks, network cards, CPU, memory, etc.)
- Assist in resolution of Microsoft Office Apps including MS Exchange
- Write and update batch scripts that improve staff efficiencies
- Thoroughly document all support events in a workflow ticketing system in a timely manner ensuring that subsequent review of any incident is effective for knowledge base utilization
- Monitor application processing to ensure successful timely completion
- Submit, correct, and/or reprocesses standard jobs under documented guidelines
- Maintain and update documentation used to perform daily duties
- Participate in annual Disaster Recovery functional drills, full scale tests and failovers
- Provide excellent customer service with a professional demeanor
- Support the company’s commitment to protect the integrity and confidentiality of systems and data.
- Education and experience typically obtained through completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or related field
- Proven experience supporting corporate enterprise environments including experience with Unix/Linux and Windows
- Proven experience creating and updating batch scripts
- Ability to research, trouble shoot, and quickly resolve highly technical system and application issues
- Operational experience with a multi-domain Active Directory environment
- Knowledge or Network/Telco applications and devices
- Knowledge of VMWare and system virtualization
- Knowledge of Data Encryption methods and practices, Microsoft tools and anti-virus software
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and policy compliance
- Must be able to communicate clearly and professionally with all levels of employees and customers
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow instructions and perform other related duties as assigned by their supervisor.
- Knowledge of IBM MQ software, IBM Mainframes, Enterprise disk arrays
- Additional related education and IT certifications
Employee must be able to perform essential functions and physical requirements of position with or without reasonable accommodation.
For over 25 years, Early Warning has been a leader in technology that helps protect and advance the financial system. We serve a diverse network of approximately 2,500 financial institutions, government entities and payment companies. Our product solutions enable real-time funds availability for a variety of payment types through our payments network.
Job Type: Full-time
- UNIX/Linux: 1 year
- Windows operating systems: 1 year
Required work authorization: