Full Time/Benefits Eligible
The LIS Programmer Analyst is responsible for helping maintain the operation and maintenance of the laboratory information systems (databases and hardware), assisting with implementation of system software, hardware and interface changes, and serving as a resource to users regarding application functionality.
The LIS Programmer Analyst provides support and leadership for all Laboratory Medicine staff by assisting with training, providing input and feedback on proposed work flows. An LIS Programmer Analyst is expected to set the example in performing all job duties.
Why Nationwide Children's:
The moment you walk through our doors, you can feel it. When you meet one of our patient families, you believe it. And when you talk with anyone who works here, you want to be part of it, too. Welcome to Nationwide Children’s Hospital, where Passion Meets Purpose.
Here, Everyone Matters. We’re 12,000 strong. And it takes every single one of us to improve the lives of the kids we care for, and the kids from around the world we’ll never even meet. Kids who are living healthier, fuller lives because of the knowledge we share. We know it takes a Collaborative Culture to deliver on our promise to provide the very best, innovative care and to foster new discoveries, made possible by the most groundbreaking research. Anywhere.
Ask anyone with a Nationwide Children’s badge what they do for a living. They’ll tell you it’s More Than a Job. It’s a calling. It’s a chance to use and grow your talent to make an impact that truly matters. Because here, we exist simply to help children everywhere.
Nationwide Children’s Hospital. A Place to Be Proud.
1.Audit and reconcile data with guidance
2. Perform system procedures such as back-ups, data retention, processing
3. Develop effective customer and system documentation
4. Assist in the analysis and interpretation of customer needs
5. Understand application functions from customer perspective
6. Debug programs and system problems with guidance
7. Develop basic reports and queries? Apply system updates with guidance
8. Assist in the monitoring and review of system performance
9. Assist in the education and training of customer
10. Code/program basic programs independently
11. Assist in the development of effective system test plans
12. Understand systems interfaces and timing
13. Assist in project planning
14. Maintain knowledge of appropriate development tools
15. Provide regular project status reports
16. Learns and adheres to department's standards, policies, and procedures
17. Other duties as assigned
At least 3 years of Laboratory or Information Technology experience preferred.
Experience in laboratory or health care environments preferred.
Bachelor Degree in related Computer Science areas or Laboratory Science areas or equivalent experience preferred but applicable work experience will be considered.
Exceptional interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills required to interact effectively with all levels of the organization and external contacts.
Strong skills in the use of PC desktop applications such as Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel. Some knowledge of Access preferred.
Ability to work flexible schedules to meet job requirements; requires periodic after-hours support and some overnight travel.
Expectation that LIS Programmer Analyst will be fully trained and ready to assume on-call responsibilities on a rotating basis within 2 years of hire.
Must be able to perform assigned duties outlined on the LIS Analyst Daily Duties and LIS Misc. Duties schedules.
Has the ability to work independently under minimal supervision; ability to teach others in the use of LIS systems and provide guidance to Laboratory Medicine staff in troubleshooting problems.
Aptitude for detail
Sunquest experience preferred (Co-Path experience would be a plus!)