Huge Opportunity with Leading Martial Arts Company
We are a growing martial arts company, with 3 expanding locations based in Bel Air, MD that offers its employees full time positions, upward mobility, bonus options, and a world class training environment.
ATA Martial Arts Maryland is] is a leader in martial arts with a foundation in athletic development and competition and is known for the great care we take with clients and employees alike.
- Our paid training is second to none.
- We believe in developing confidence through competency. Our young martial artists are some of the best in the world.
The Position: We’re looking for Full Time Instructor. The pay range we are offering is 37k-45k.
- We offer paid training, paid vacation, bonus structure, training for advancement.
- We also aggressively promote from within..
- Excellent leadership and management skills to build and develop an inspiring atmosphere for members and the team.
- Excellent sales and customer service skills required that translate into a business mindset.
- Goal-oriented, and the desire to earn a professional wage is a must.
- Ability to learn and use our software system.
- Ability to stand or sit for up to 8 hours throughout the workday.
- Maintaining flexibility to work mornings, days, evenings, and weekends as business needs dictate.
- Must be fluent in English and have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Must have proficient computer skills and familiar with using several Social Media platforms
- A willingness to not accept mediocrity and a desire to always improve.
- Daily and/or occasional travel may be required RESPONSIBILITIES.
- Exceeding sales goals and managing operational budgets.
- Assumes responsibility for developing and improving selling & enrollment skills for self and team.
- Recruitment, in-studio training, development, and management of some key team members
- Grow and develop local B2B relationships to enhance membership benefits.
- Build and enforce membership community mindset in studio and online.
- Execute our sales process for lead generation, follow up, and membership enrollment.
- Emphasize and enforce objectives of ATA Martial Arts MD as a fitness and wellness provider
- Present available services and products to our current members
- Initiate and participate in local and corporate special events (health fairs, grand openings, contests, community and B2B events) to promote ATA Martial Arts MD.
- Other duties as assigned.
Incoming Call Duties:
- Answering the telephones for all incoming calls in an executive manner. Taking messages and delivering them in a timely fashion to the appropriate person
- Checking messages that may have been left on the machine, and distribute appropriately.
- Keeping track of referrals, i.e., from online trials, a friend, an advertisement, etc.
- Setting appointments for the Introductory lessons
- Problem solves any membership questions or concerns
Outgoing Call Duties:
- Calling on past due memberships or down payments and getting another method of payment.
- Lead calling and setting appointments for the Introductory lessons.
- Must be able to handle objections from cold calling.
- Every week. a non-attendance report must be run, and student should be called to reinforce attendance for optimal results
Providing Executive Assistance to Parents/Students, and Other Staff Members:
- All parents/students must be greeted with a “Hello”.
- You must handle any membership complaints/compliments.
- Renewing members before expiration
- Update any membership changes.
- Must be capable to fill out any membership agreement.
- Enter new leads into software for accurate reporting
Maintaining and Managing the Pro Shop:
- The Pro Shop must be clean and organized always.
- Ringing up new sales / returns
- Closing out / opening the cash drawer
- Keeping track of low items / special orders and ordering with appropriate vendors
- Inventory of office supplies, and picking up what is needed.
- Dealing with maintenance issues, i.e., broken mirrors, office equipment, etc. and setting appointments to have them fixed.
- Ordering any office equipment or supplies if needed.
- Providing service to any employee in need of help
- Make sure the front desk area is always neat and clean.
Marketing the School:
Execute lead generation systems provided in monthly marketing plan, advertising and promotions.
Follow and complete daily task and business statistics tracking in the Management Manual.
New Enrollments / Upgrade Responsibilities:
- Accomplishing new membership monthly goals
- Accomplishing upgrade goals for all upgrade programs
Selling Program Packages:
- Accomplish membership and equipment package revenue goals.
Meeting revenue goals through the following, equipment packages for new and upgrade membership sales, in addition to miscellaneous pro shop sales, tournaments, testing fees and events.
Developing Suggestions, Ideas, and Improvements:
- Giving feedback from any parents/students for improvements to the school or classes
- Developing strategy and bringing high level ideas to ownership
A martial arts studio manager is a person that is passionate about the value martial arts adds to a person’s life. They understand that to introduce the wonderful world of martial arts to as many people in their community as possible they must be fully invested in their education to market and sell martial arts lessons.
So, before anyone should consider the position of studio manager, they need to have an organic passion, motivation, and excitement for improving the lives of others through the vehicle of their martial arts journey. Next, this person needs to be all in when it comes to their education and implementation of the ATA Martial Arts marketing and sales systems. It is these tried-and-true systems that make up the map a manager’s success; thus, obtaining the company’s, and their, personal financial goals.
The studio manager’s position, when maximized, can double the gross income of a studio. A studio manager is usually the first contact that a prospective client has within our studio. They must be friendly, professional, personable, and approachable. A studio manager must be detailed, organized, proficient, and be a self-starter.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $37,500.00 - $45,000.00 per year
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- 10 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
Company's Facebook page: