Senior Executive Assistant
Fathom exists to connect, unite and inspire in a world that is far too divided. We deepen human connections by delivering deep travel experiences on Carnival Corporation ships, onshore, and in our travelers' communities.
The Senior Executive Assistant provides high-level administrative support to the President of Fathom. The position demands a high degree of flexibility, good judgment, and accuracy while dealing with highly confidential and sensitive information. You must be able to handle multiple tasks and priorities and work well under time constraints and pressure. The Senior EA will maximize the value of the President by enabling them to focus on key strategic priorities and to delegate any work best carried out by others. The Senior EA takes initiative and is always mindful of managing the President’s time while ensuring the needs of the team (both Fathom and Carnival) are met.
Helps the President be effective in their role
Manage all of the President’s scheduling, coordination and ensure work is prioritized and deadlines are always met
- Partner to the President, supporting projects, initiatives, and calendar management for maximum impact and commercial value.
- Ensures the President can focus on key strategic priorities and delegates work best carried out by others.
- Takes initiative and is always mindful of managing the President’s time while ensuring the team (both Fathom and parent company) also attains what is needed to function efficiently.
- Effectively manage and direct internal and external requests in order to maximize the President’s time and focus on the vision, mission and objectives of the company.
- Drafts written and verbal presentations and talking points as required.
- Manages various applications, databases, systems, and data on behalf of the President
- Supports President in cultivation of relationships with strategic partners and other stakeholders.
- Works with Fathom Senior Leadership to identify, capture and monitor key metrics and areas requiring regular review by the President.
- Oversees special projects as assigned.
- Lead in all PR related inquires and coordinates with the PR Corporate team to complete all associated needs.
Helps ensure the executive team works effectively across multiple time zones
- Prioritizes external events for President’s attendance. Advises on relative value of myriad invitations, provides detailed research and background summary notes to President and other company attendees at all meetings and events.
- Screens and prioritizes speech requests based on highest ROI to Fathom.
- Closely monitors meeting lengths as timekeeper to adhere to agenda and meeting length and control telephone interruptions during meetings, as able
- Handles communications and follow-up on behalf of the President.
- Maintain a follow-up and debrief log and action plans on all President’s meetings, travel, events, commitments to others and importantly the commitment of others to the President.
- Critical research and analysis for key partners, contacts and areas of development.
- Strategic travel planning for maximum ROI.
- Prepare detailed travel itinerary/folder (travel, meetings, contact #s) to ensure President has detailed schedule, maximizing efficiency and effectiveness.
- Expense management and reporting.
We are looking for this position to sit in Boise, ID where the President of Fathom lives.
- Develops and manages the annual corporate calendar and agenda for the executive team.
- Helps plan leadership events such as annual executive offsite.
- Coordinate quarterly planning process across the executive team for major corporate and financial strategic deliverables.
- Works with VPs to plan for and manage executive staff meetings, including advance preparation of agenda, pre-read materials and presentations, outlining key decisions to be made.
- Stays abreast of competitor, technology and economic trends in the travel and cruise industry and provides briefs as appropriate to President and executive team.
- Stays informed on large strategic initiatives in the company, including IT initiatives, emerging business opportunities, sales and revenue challenges.
- Works with others in the company, to identify, locate and extract data necessary to perform different types of analysis.
- Conducts research, analysis and synthesis data on topics relevant to President and executive team – provides interpretation of the data. Will include global stakeholder research and library building - ability to educate and update President and team
- Creates and writes reports to help executive team perform analysis desired by the President.
- Effectively drives strategic project management initiatives as assigned by the President.
- Monitor global industry and macro / geopolitical issues in key and hot spot ports and partner destinations.
- Is a brand ambassador and creates well established relationships with our Corporate Sister Brands.
- Demonstrated experience in executive project responsibilities with a minimum of 5 years of administrative experience.
- Resourceful, analytical, efficient, innovative, organized, insightful, able to anticipate the needs of those being supported.
- Experience working with different departments on various projects will be a plus.
- Adept in technology. Must possess advanced computer skills, and be highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook). Experience with Office 365 a plus.
- Proficiency in statistics, business intelligence tools and Google Drive, Asana, Smartsheet, with the ability to quickly learn new systems.
- Knowledge and proficiency with WhatsApp for day to day quick communication with the President - especially during travel and in between meetings
- Ability to navigate and manage Instagram, Twitter and Facebook as and when needed
- Excellent communication, organizational, judgment and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Must demonstrate solid editing and excellent proofreading skills.
- Must demonstrate a high degree of professionalism, the ability to work successfully under pressure and maintain strong relationships with people from across Fathom and sister brands.
- Experience in the cruise industry on an international scale is desirable.
- Ability to run quickly is a must to work as a strategic partner to the President.
- Experience supporting and working with senior executives in a business environment.
- Ability to independently develop senior executive presentations.
- Exceptional reasoning and problem solving and ability to think ahead.
- Ability to build relationships and work with people at all levels of the organization and external partners with different interests and needs.
- Highly efficient, organized and detail-oriented with ability to manage a significant volume of diverse tasks, activities and projects.
- Strong business acumen and learning agility to ramp up quickly.
- Be diplomatic as well as courageous. This role also requires discretion and confidentiality.
- Must be extremely flexible and able to travel at short notice.
- Willing to work off hours when required and enthusiastic about taking on an exciting and challenging role that is constantly evolving and highly dynamic.
- Able to work independently in a non-typical office environment.
- Strategic and tactical: can lead at the big picture level but are also able and willing to roll up your sleeves and get work done. Ability to wear many hats in new company with evolving team.
- Curious: You are endlessly curious about our customers, what motivates them and how the product fits into their big picture and how the product can most effectively catalyze and unleash their potential.
- Humble: You are willing to learn & actively listen, you work well in teams, and you don’t take yourself too seriously. You’re happy to own and learn from mistakes. There is no such thing as failure, only learning.
- Grateful: You are intentional about thanking and recognizing people, unleashing the power of gratitude to further accelerate and energize your work, relationships and partnerships.
- Social impact: You are passionate about using your unique gifts and talents to make a difference in the world and be part of a broader global collective impact story.
- Fluid: You are comfortable in a very fast-paced and constantly evolving organization. You’re comfortable working in a remote team structure.
- Entrepreneurial: You’re endlessly tenacious, seeing meaningful commercial and impact opportunity with hunger and vigor. You’re able and willing to iterate and adapt and pivot as needed for greatest commercial success and financial sustainability.
- Initiative: You can identify and recognize needs, take initiative, and confidently drive work elements to completion (including leading others on a task, as well as rolling up your sleeves to get it done).
- Agile: You take a rapid, iterative approach to bringing solutions to life.
- Detailed: You pay attention to the details and manage projects in an organized way.
- Communication: You have exceptional communication skills with people from all walks of life.
- You get excited to be part of team that invites you to bring your whole self to work.