This position is responsible for assisting all guests in a friendly, courteous, and professional manner. Ensures exceptional guest service, creates a pleasant dining experience and assist the servers and bartender when needed.
- Greets and seats all guests in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Accurately and quickly takes, enters orders when needed, and communicates guest orders to servers according to standards.
- Takes guest reservations.
- Responds to guests needs and provides the highest level of quality service.
- Assists other associates as needed to meet guest’s needs.
- Effectively operates micros operating system and cash register.
- Follows all Marriott cash handling/POS procedures to ensure accurate closing of all guest checks.
- Primary responsibly include greeting guests, seating guests, answering phone calls, finishing guest transactions at POS station, and assisting servers, room service servers, and bartenders when needed to ensure a high level of guest satisfaction.
- This may include taking orders, ringing orders, bringing room service deliveries to rooms, assisting with servers side work, bussing and wiping down tables, and restocking.
- Is knowledgeable regarding the hotel and local area.
- Completes all required paperwork accurately and in a timely manner.
- Maintains a clean and safe work area, and handles all beverage/food in compliance with Marriott, local, state and federal regulations.
- Assist in maintaining sanitation and cleanliness of the restaurant, kitchen, and dish room.
- Follow all Marriottprocedures for guest/associate incidents.
- Knowledgeable of hotel emergency procedures.
- Produces required volume of work by planning, organizing and prioritizing work duties.
- Adheres to Marriottgrooming and appearance standards, and general work rules and department procedures.
- Attends all required department and hotel meetings and adheres to Marriottattendance policy.
- Completes all required side work, and takes initiative to jump in wherever necessary.
- Works as a team player and actively contributes to the success of the restaurant/bar experience.
Competencies/Skills Required: One year of previous customer service experience required. Must have attention to detail, and ability to perform job duties in a repetitious and fast paced environment. Must have the ability to speak, understand, and write English in order to meet guest’s needs and complete required paperwork.
Education: High school diploma/GED or equivalent experience required.
Physical Requirements: Ability to lift, push and pull up to 30 pounds on a regular basis throughout shift. Requires ability to complete physically demanding responsibilities such as walking, standing, carrying, and lifting continuously throughout the shift.
Competencies/Skills Preferred: Previous hosting experience preferred in a fast-paced restaurant environment.
CSM Corporation is an equal opportunity employer who provides employment opportunities to qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other area prohibited by applicable laws and regulations.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time