Thank you for your interest in Truckee Meadows Community College. If you need assistance or have questions regarding the application process, please contact Human Resources at (775) 673-7168 or email@example.com .
Truckee Meadows Community College (TMCC), located in Reno, Nevada is seeking applicants for a half time Special Assistant to the President. This position has flexible hours and work locations. Reporting directly to the president this position works closely with the President’s Executive Assistant and Executive Leadership team.
Understand and accept the role to be played as a partner in an educational enterprise serving the best interests of the students. Perform assigned duties in a manner consistent with standards, mission, and goals of Truckee Meadows Community College.
Support the college president with a variety of initiatives and meeting preparation on an ongoing basis. Serve as government relations coordinator to gain support of elected officials and business leaders; respond to, coordinate and support NSHE Board of Regents’ requests and meeting agenda packets. Maintain the college’s institutional policy guide and bylaws.
1. Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution.
2. Five years of experience in a related position.
3. Experience in Higher Education.
1. Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
2. Related experience in a Community College setting.
Candidates must exhibit an appreciation of, a sensitivity to, and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds.
1. Assist the president with managing details and communications related to the President.
2. Develop and oversee policy drafts at the college planning council.
3. Serve as the legislative liaison representing TMCC and working closely with the NSHE government affairs team.
4. Develop and maintain effective relationships with the president’s leadership team.
5. Assist the president with preparations for public presentations and scheduled events and with special projects as assigned.
6. Work closely with President and Foundation Executive Director on major gift and fundraising campaign.
7. Serve as community liaison representing TMCC at various community events and participation on government, business, and/or community boards, commissions, and/or committees.
8. Other duties as assigned.
In the Resume/Cover Letter section of the application each of the following must be attached.
Current Resume/CV that includes contact information for three Professional References.
This posting is open until filled
Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply immediately. Lists of eligible candidates will be established and hiring may occur early in the recruiting process. Recruitment will close without notice when a sufficient number of applications are received or a hiring decision has been made.
Posting Close Date
Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
All documents, including unofficial transcripts for academic positions, must be received on or before the closing date posted on the job announcements. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
This position may require that a criminal background check be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.