Quality Assurance (QA) Analysts play a critical role in assisting business and development teams to help ensure new products, enhancements and upgrades are released from development to production with the fewest member impacting bugs possible. The QA Analyst III will drive Quality Assurance efforts by providing the direction needed to support the validation of Windows, Web Based, Mobile Device Applications and associated interfaces, to make sure they meet design specifications and requirements. They will define the test approach/strategy and will document, develop and execute manual test cases and where applicable develop automation. They will use metrics to communicate the status of projects and will act as a guide and mentor for the rest of the team helping develop and direct processes to ensure delivery of high-quality applications. This position will be expected to work closely with project managers, business analyst, product managers, and developers to ensure product/solutions are tested thoroughly within project timeline and only the highest quality changes are released.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(in %; all functions’ total should = 100%)
Essential Function Description
- Contribute to the development and establishment of testing measures and standards for new applications, products, and/or enhancements to existing applications
- Create, communicate and maintain project test approach/strategies
- Create, execute, and maintain test plans and scripts that will determine the optimal application or system performance from both business and technological perspective
- Create and maintain a catalog of regression test cases for applications or systems
- Participate in the testing of new software to ensure integration into company systems meets functional or non-functional requirements, system compliance, and/or technical specifications
- Creates and manages bugs, tasks and issues and tracks through closure using a ticketing system
- Leverage test metrics to communicate testing status
- Implement automated testing where applicable
- Implement load/performance testing where applicable
- Create and manage test data as needed
- Responsible for QA artifacts for major projects using agile, waterfall or iterative processes
- Takes ownership of the validation and verification of applications and products prior to releasing to production
- Responsible for database verification and integration testing
- Identifies the appropriate test approach based on project priorities
- Translates business, functional, and/or non-functional requirements into test scripts
- Translates test results from functional and non-functional tests into test status reports
- Ensure that testing activities allow applications to meet business requirements and systems goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify existing or potential issues
- Identify and raise risks as early as possible in the system development lifecycle
- Analyze formal test results in order to discover and report any defects, bugs, errors, configuration issues, and interoperability flaws
- Analyze the impact of defects, bugs, errors, configuration issues and interoperability issues on existing test cases, including regression test cases
- Oversee process improvement for test cycles
- Develop best practices for maintaining and reporting on issues and test status
- Leverage log files and analytics to determine test approach and troubleshoot defects
- Collaborate with software/systems personnel in application testing and testing methods.
- Communicate test progress, test results, and other relevant information to project stakeholders and management
- Participate in the IT Change Control Process, following all document practice and guidelines for new and existing technologies. Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of testing best practices
- Create and maintain SQL script libraries for common data retrieval needs and specific projects
- Participates in the evaluation of test automation/load testing tools
- Work with stakeholders and IT team members to determine non-functional requirements
- Creation and communication of metrics reports
- Take ownership of QA deliverables and coordinate test efforts
- Utilize reporting and issue tracking software to deliver visibility into testing progress
- Review and mentor other team members on best practices
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes.
- Maintain strict adherence and compliance with all laws, rules, regulations, policies, procedures and internal controls specific to your role.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
Specialized Knowledge, Licenses, Certifications, etc.
- Minimum eight (8) years of quality assurance experience required; may substitute related job qualifications such as production/customer support or business analyst experience
- Minimum 3-5 years of QA Lead experience
- Minimum 3-5 years of test tool usage (Visual Studio – TFS/Test Manager preferred)
- Proficient with basic SQL commands
- Minimum 1-3 years automation experience with Visual Studio, Selenium, Python
- Minimum 1-2 years API or service level testing experience
- Minimum 1-2 years load/performance testing (preferably Visual Studio)
- Credit union or other financial institution experience preferred
- Software security testing desirable
- ISTQB Foundation level
- Demonstrated excellence in providing superb customer service.
- Strong work ethic willing to put in extra effort to learn new techniques
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, and listening).
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project, and Visio.
- Team player
- Must be bondable.