Kidango, a private, not-for-profit child development agency is a Northern California Bay Area leader in early education. Providing quality care and education in 9 Bay Area cities to over 2,500 children daily and has an immediate opening for an energetic and loving teacher to join our team.
Head Start and Early Head Start are comprehensive federally funded school readiness and family support programs for low-income and special needs children that promoters parents/guardians as the primary educator of the child.
We are currently searching for a Lead Teacher - Early Head Start to fill our center in San Jose!
Your team will comprise of the Center Director, other Lead Teachers - Head Start, and Associate Teachers - Early Head Start .
Lead Teacher - Early Head Start Essential Functions:
- Develop and implement lesson plans using the Creative Curriculum to execute current program goals
- Utilize classroom materials and routines to promote an environment conductive to age appropriate levels of development, interests, and special needs of the children
- Develop and maintain a safe and healthy classroom environment in accordance with Head Start, title 5, and title 22 regulations
- Implement rules and practices in support of positive child re-direction
- Pro- concepts of the child
- Provide a continuous and interactive process between families and program providers that foster the parent partnership agreements as required by the federal regulations under the Head Start Act
- Conduct scheduled home visits to children in primary cohort
- Conduct required parent/teacher meetings as set forth by both the Head Start Act and Title 5
- Conduct the ASQ and the ASQ/SE with children assigned to cohort
- Work on the Individualized Education Plan for each child assigned to cohort and update with family up to three times per school year
- Maintain and update written records and reports in accordance with the head Start and title 5 act in a timely manner
- Maintain an open and friendly relationship with staff, parents, and program volunteers
- Commitment to inclusive practice to accommodate children with learning differences and special needs
- Integrate Head Start Federal Mandates into the classroom routines and curriculum plans
- Lift, carry, retain children weighing 8-50 pounds as needed
- Ensure personalized special services are provided to children with special needs (i.e, feeding, assistance with toiling, including diapering, specialized equipment and so forth
- Attend required classroom, center, and organization meetings
- Perform related duties as assigned
Lead Teacher - Early Head Start Qualifications:
- Associate Teacher Permit Required.
- Associate of Arts in Early Childhood Education with 3 infant/toddler units of course work ; OR a degree in a related field inclusive of twenty-four or more semester units in early childhood education and or related field with six infant/toddler units
- Knowledge of early childhood education, child development, anti-bias education, and family support services
- Knowledge of local educational and community based resources for families with children between the ages of 0-8
- Knowledge of bi-lingual language acquisition
- Knowledge of Federal Head Start policies and procedures high desired
- Valid CPR and First Aid certificate
- Submission of physical examination and TB clearance as required by state and federal regulations
- California State law requires background criminal checks on anyone who works in a licensed childcare facility and who is not a client. Must have ort obtain a current background check clearance, signed criminal record statement, and signed Acknowledgement to Report Child Abuse
- Bilingual (English/Spanish, English/Cantonese,) speaking, reading, and writing skills highly desirable
Lead Teacher - Early Head Start Perks!
Education Advancement Program
Textbook and tuition textbook for up to $5,000/year.
Employee Benefits Covered at 100%
Medical — Sutter Health Plus, and Kaiser Base and Buy-up options
Dental — Sun Life Financial Group DHMO and DPPO options
Vision — VSP
Life Insurance — $20,000
401(k) Plan Flexible Spending Account — up to $2,600/annually
Time Off to Recuperate!
7.5 Sick Day Accrual Beginning Date of Hire!
10 Paid Holidays Off!
12 Vacation Days Per Year!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $23.00 /hour
- Associate Teacher Permit
- Infant/Toddler Units
Required work authorization: