The Customer Service Representative is responsible for inquires received by phone or email regarding reporting of patient results, test requirements, collection and shipping procedures.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Answering the telephone, screening and transferring incoming calls appropriately.
- Reporting patient results using the established protocol.
- Providing information on test requirements, collection and shipping procedures.
- Reporting client concerns using the established protocol.
- Contacting collection sites to resolve routine matters related to patient testing and result reporting.
- General office duties which include filing, photocopying, scanning and faxing as necessary.
- Keeping track of stationery needs and ordering supplies when necessary.
- Assisting and covering accessioning and billing when necessary or required.
- Undertaking any other duties and responsibilities as required by the Director of Client Services & Sales.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Must have a minimum of two years administrative or receptionist experience.
- Experience in laboratory medicine, mental health or related field and knowledge of medical terminology is a plus.
- Must be IT literate and have knowledge of software programs including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Skills and Competencies
- Must possess the ability to communicate with people at all levels of the organization, patients and external agencies.
- Must be open, agreeable and professional when gathering and referring information to the appropriate member of the team.
- Must have the ability to multitask, work within tight deadlines and prioritize conflicting demands whilst working effectively.
- Must have the ability to listen actively when spoken to and effectively communicate their thoughts to others.
- Must have the ability to work alone but also in a team, with fellow staff, in the business setting.
- Must possess good time management skills.
- Must actively seek to accomplish tasks and be able to use a variety of methods and ideas to solve problems whilst, when needed, seeking advice and/or guidance from fellow employees.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 - $22.00 per hour
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off