CBD R&D Innovation Formulator
FOCUS: CBD NUTRITION PRODUCTS
Cannasphere Biotech is committed to delivering powerful Cannabidiol (CBD) products that have a profoundly positive impact on humanity. The private-label CBD products we are launching combine the power of CBD with our patent-pending nanoliposomal delivery technology to maximize efficacy and deliver remarkable, reliable benefits.
We are currently seeking a R&D Innovation Formulator with culinary/flavor experience in developing dietary supplements and beverages utilizing hemp-derived CBD as the primary active. Due to market excitement around CBD, the work process occurs at a rapid pace and the Formulator must be adept at meeting quick turnaround times for samples, prototypes and documentation.
The CBD R&D Innovation Formulator (“Formulator”) applies the scientific and technical expertise necessary for new product development, identifying opportunities to improve production and evaluation of the efficacy of products. Formulator should have extensive knowledge of CBD and other cannabinoids and how they impact the endocannabinoid system.
This individual would also possess a strong passion to excel in creating some of the most innovative CBD products on the planet utilizing our patent pending nanoliposomal delivery system. With guidance from the management team and customers, the Formulator will develop formulations for a variety of dosages and delivery forms –powders, capsules, tablets, gels, etc.
Job Function, Responsibility & Position Summary
- Product ideation and continual communication with Sales/Marketing, Production, Customers, and Vendors
- Utilize culinary/flavor experience to develop ready-to-drink beverages and dry beverage powders with Cannasphere’s proprietary water-soluble CBD powder
- Source functional ingredients, natural flavors, and other ingredients needed in new product development. Create ingredient decks and nutrition facts panels; SOP's of processes for production
- Work as a part of the team to conceive and develop new formulations, resolve any challenges or issues during product development, and prepare formulations for commercialization
- Work with Purchasing team to source raw materials for cost analysis and feasibility during the formulation process
- Maintain accurate up-to-date R&D project information including details and scientific data regarding new and evolving formulations including product specifications and SOPs for mass production
- Work collaboratively as part of a cross functional team including personnel from Sales, Quality Control, Purchasing, and Production on new product development and to resolve ingredient and product technical issues, and troubleshoot scale-up issues
- Perform stability testing and troubleshoot unstable formulas
- Responsible for adhering to company's rules, regulations, active SOPs, and cGMPs
- Reviews professional journals and scientific papers to keep abreast of changes in Legal and Regulatory affairs, which could impact company’s products or processes
- BS in Food Science, Chemistry, Human Nutrition/Dietetics, or related field required, Master’s degree and PhD preferred.
- 10+ years R&D related experience in the dietary supplement or pharmaceutical industry.
- 3 - 5+ years of experience working in culinary and/or with food, beverage, flavoring preferred.
- Experience in product and formula development & familiarity with natural product chemistry, herbal supplement products—specifically CBD.
- Knowledge of spray-drying techniques preferred.
- Familiarity with good manufacturing practices (GMPs) and regulations for dietary supplements (DSHEA) preferred.
Job Type: Contract to start with full-time employment opportunity within 60 days. Must be willing to relocate to Arizona for full time employment. (It’s okay to work remotely if needed during initial contracting work prior to full time offer.)
Compensation: Based on relevant education and experience.
Start Date: August 2019
Others: Must pass background screening.
** PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR SALARY EXPECTATIONS ALONG WITH YOUR RESUME. **
Job Type: Full-time
- Formulating w/Cannabidiol CBD with food, beverage, flavoring: 2 years (Preferred)
- R&D Food Science, Chemistry, Human Nutrition/Dietetics: 10 years (Preferred)
- R&D / Production / SOPs: 5 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Paid time off