Permasense Field Service Specialist
Requisition ID: (18011211)
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Job Function: Technician
Job Posting Date: Jul 31, 2018, 9:22:37 PM
Rosemount™ Measurement & Analytical, a business unit of Emerson Automation Solutions, is currently seeking a Permasense Field Service Specialist.
Rosemount™ is a signature brand of Emerson, offering a comprehensive line of measurement instrumentation, analyzers and systems which are used in a wide range of applications found in critical processing facilities such as refineries, chemical plants, power plants, pipelines, and more.
Leads the protection and enhancement of the Rosemount brand by providing world class specialized service and training on post-sales wireless or level applications.
• Be the highest escalation point in the service company for technical issues in your focus area
• Assists customer with the highest level of technical support assistance.
• Actively Participates in company Safety and Quality programs.
• Creates strong customer relationships by providing professional communications – technical assistance, troubleshooting, quoting / determining disposition of repairs.
• Supports installed product operation through on-site support as this highest tier of field service support.
• Provides innovative integrated wireless or level solutions.
• Supports wireless or level field network audits, assessments and installations.
• Provides advanced diagnostic, troubleshooting, start-up and commissioning services.
• Promotes local services to provide problem free product adoption.
• Assists and provides support and mentorship to the local service technicians.
• Champion the field service adoption of new products.
• Supports the development of best practice procedures for startup and troubleshooting of products.
• Support the development of customer deliverables for wireless or level products.
• Participates with business unit subject matter experts and Field Service organization to proactively ad-dress and resolve customer product and application issues.
• Acts as liaison to business unit and sales organization to most effectively utilize Service and Warranty support for issue resolution.
• Functions as a strategic communication point between customer, factory, and technicians in warranty situations.
• Monitor escalations and work with factory to resolve
• Maintain excellent housekeeping standards.
• Supports and guide the technical training and post-sale service planning with customer.
• Works with Sales and BDMs as a technical leader in designing solutions for wireless integrated projects.
• Technically proficient on all new products/enhancements within area of responsibility
• Drive organizational accountability and communication with regular funnel updates
• Frequent travel is required
• Other duties as assigned
Education: 1800 hours of technical schooling or equivalent.
Experience: Five (5) years of related experience. Emerson experience preferred.
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by calling 1-314-553-2544 (V/TTY/TDD) or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Imagine being surrounded by intelligent, driven, and passionate innovators all working toward the same goal—to create groundbreaking solutions that leave our world in a better place than we found it. Emerson is a global technology and engineering company providing innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production, protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial and Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency, and create sustainable infrastructure.
A dynamic environment is what you’ll discover at Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $14.5 billion in sales and 155 manufacturing locations worldwide. Together, we’re changing the world, and we have all the resources to help you achieve your professional goals.
Whether you’re an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options, or recently received your MBA degree, you’ll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
Experience the Rewards
Rosemount Inc., a business unit of Emerson, offers a competitive rewards package that provides for the health, well-being, and future financial security for yourself and your dependents. Through a strong profit sharing program, employees have historically received double digit company contributions that reflect the performance of the company, and their own individual efforts. Our medical and dental plans provide for the care of yourself and your family. Life insurance and long-term disability benefits give you the peace of mind you need and protect your dependents. A flexible work schedule, vacation and holidays allow you to balance your work life with your personal schedule. Additional benefits such as tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, employee assistance programs, and onsite wellness activities are available to support you and provide the environment you need to succeed.