Get to know the team:
GrabExpress team was built upon the foundation that we could provide the most reliable, affordable and efficient logistics services to our customers and business partners.
Get to know the Role:
This team acts as guardians of all our users on Grab. We leverage our rich datasets to find solutions to problems ranging from safety to fraud. We’re a hands on team interested in the end to end data lifecycle: from wrangling data to understanding the tradeoffs between model complexity and deployment in production. If you’re passionate about solving complex problems with immediate real-world impact, we want you! You’ll be working closely with the Product, Design and Backend teams, on everything from new features for the end user (passenger) and partner (driver) apps, new platforms, maintaining existing features and experiences, to continuous improvements with optimizations and experiments. You are likely to also be tasked with trying out and evaluating new mobile technologies from time to time, to see what impact it could have on the business.
The day-to-day activities:
- Work closely with the Product, UX/UI and Backend teams to design, build and extend consumer and/or partner facing new products, platforms and features.
- Build re-usable iOS software components for the Grab platform.
- Monitor the performance of the live apps and continuously improve them on both code and experience level.
- Evaluate new mobile methodologies and technologies
- Collaborate with QA on continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD) as well as other automated and manual testing to make sure our app releases are always worthy of five star ratings.
The must haves:
- A degree in computer science, software engineering, information technology or related fields.
- Advanced Objective-C and good Swift skills.
- Experience in API design, SDK architecture, and mobile software lifecycle development practices.
- Strong UX/UI design exposure and experience in making apps work intuitively and with pixel perfect interfaces.
- Strong CS fundamentals (with competencies in algorithms and data structures).Highly accountable and takes ownership, with collaborative attitude, and a lifelong learner.
- Native iOS app development experience for iPad/iPhone
- A portfolio of multiple apps, preferably transaction-based business critical apps.
- Proficient in Objective-C and Swift with experience in memory management and caching mechanisms specific to mobile devices and embedded systems.
- Experience and understanding of large and complex code bases and architectures.