SAIC currently has a job opening for Logistics Specialist to support on NSWC Crane Operation.
The Logistician will support the customer in:
prepare, coordinate, update, and manage logistics documents to include but not limited to the Life Cycle Logistics Plan, Product Support Strategy, Product Support Plan, Level of Repair Analysis, Core Depot Assessment, and Business Case Analysis, participating in the associated Integrated Product Teams.
Candidate will be accountable for supply chain services, inventory control, critical parts availability, material handling, import-export licensing, shipment of products, and third-party warehousing.
You will evaluate customer support and field service commitments to ensure customer requirements are met.
May also plan, schedule and manage the efficient movement of material from receiving or the warehouse to production.
Develops raw material requirements and scheduling requirements from engineering specifications and production schedules and plans and manages material movement with purchasing, warehouse, and production.
Ensures the execution and continuous improvement of standard logistic processes.
- Bachelors Degree and 0 years related experience will consider four years of directly related experience in lieu of degree .
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT:
- Logistics experience in industry or Government supporting manufacturing, repair, upgrade, and refurbishment of equipment; Additional experience with logistics integration requirements as applied to weapon systems is preferred
- Must possess experience in preparing/editing DOD technical documents as well as availability and maintainability (RAM) analysis of complex mechanical and electronics systems/equipment
- Must be able to work independently
- Must be detail oriented and organized
- Must be able to manage multiple projects at one time
- Proficiency in DoD Acquisition and Life-Cycle Management policies and procedures
- Proficiency in the principles and practices of logistics management
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of the substantive nature of programs and the analytical and evaluative methods and techniques for assessing program development or execution
- Ability to research, analyze, and evaluate information
- Ability to express ideas effectively orally and in writing
- Must be able to obtain Secret
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability