Our client is a leader in the development of advanced, automated sourcing tools for hospitals across the country. They’re assembling Healthcare’s smartest repository of healthcare purchasing data, providing the industry brand new, disruptive technologies for the healthcare supply chain. Our suite of intuitive, web-based tools allow hospital staff to drive efficiencies and manage their costs on-demand with the most up-to-date information available in the market.
The company takes pride in cultivating a fast-paced and fluid start-up culture with opportunity to learn and grow with the company. Located in Downtown Dallas, the entrepreneurial open work environment is similar to what you would expect to see at a lot of IT start-ups – a casual atmosphere with an extreme focus on customer care and quality of work. As a small company, there are un-paralleled opportunities to develop professionally and have your voice heard. As well, senior management is always easily accessible and eager to listen to new ideas and collaborate on future projects.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Purchased Services Product Manager will play a critical role in the development of and strategy behind the Purchased Services product offering. This will include conducting market research, identifying pain-points and potential products that alleviate them, generating product requirements, developing marketing strategies, and determining specifications, production timelines and pricing. This is a full-time position based in Dallas.
- Determine client needs by obtaining market information, reviewing preliminary data sets, and creating a Purchased Services Alpha/Beta program.
- Assess market competition by compiling product information and feedback for competitive products.
- Pivot existing product specifications to fit the Purchased Services market; recommend the nature and scope of future Purchased Services developments based on market research and client desires.
- Work with development team on future website functionality, user experience, and internal tool design.
- Coordinate with development and executive teams to establish product timetables.
- Introduce and market Purchased Services products by creating integrated plans with Sales, Client Management, and Operations.
- Bring new products to market by analyzing success of recent developments and conducting user acceptance testing.
- Determine product pricing matrix by reviewing production costs, considering sales efforts and client management involvement, and anticipating volume; Prepare return-on-investment analyses.
- Obtain product market share by developing product sales strategies in collaboration with sales directors.
- Support field sales by participating in client meetings and evaluating sales call results.
- Prepare short-term and long-term product development and sales forecasts, as well as other Purchased Services-related reports and analyses to answer questions and fulfill requests for executive management.
- Conduct internal training of new Purchased Services products with Sales and Client Management.
- Manage operational requirements for Purchased Services products in conjunction with Senior Purchased Services Analyst.
- Maintain product management staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting and training employees as necessary.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by reviewing professional publications and establishing personal networks.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Healthcare
- 3+ years’ experience in Purchased Services Supply Chain contracting
- Complete understanding of the Purchased Services Supply Chain Market and market forces
- Strong knowledge of Purchased Services Supply Chain functions such as: Hospital, Group Purchasing Organizations (GPOs)
- Preferred experience in technology and product development
- Successful candidates should feel ‘Strong’ about their abilities in the following core competencies:
o Product and people management
o Understanding the consumer
o Financial and business analytics
o Competitive analysis
o Financial planning and strategy
o Organizational skills
o Work efficiency
o Attention to detail
o Ability to think critically and work through challenges
o Flexibility / ability to handle a changing environment
o Work Ethic and High Standards
o Ability to communicate and collaborate with technical, non-technical, clinical and non-clinical end users
- Consulting or Contracting experience in the Purchased Services area
- Knowledge of machine learning, statistics, and scientific methods