These days, it seems like everyone wants to work in the tech field. We understand that not every candidate has the experience and education today to get a start in the fast-paced world of technology.
Are you looking for a career in technology but lack the experience and education? Whether you have some or no experience in tech and/or lack a formal education in IT, our company may be willing to give you a chance to enter the tech field. If you have a solid work history, good communication skills, intellectual curiosity and the desire to help others, you may be a good fit for our new program.
If you are willing to learn, we are willing to train.
Our company has been in business for more than 40 years and is a highly successful technology provider to the supply chain industry. As a Microsoft-based software developer with a growing business, we are continually looking to add to our technical support team.
To be successful in Tech Support, you must have the following:
- Professionalism: the ability to represent our brand, products and clients in a positive business-like manner
- Effective communication skills: proper grammar, spelling, punctuation, sentence structure, etc.
- Intellectual curiosity: the interest in helping others to solve problems
- Ability to be calm and patient when interacting with clients: the ability to endure stressful engagement with clients who may be frustrated while resolving their issues effectively
As a Tier 1 Tech Support Specialist, you will be responsible for:
- Day-to-day technical support and timely resolution of basic incident support tickets for problem resolution
- The assessment and triage of determining if problems should be resolved by Tier 2 or Tier 3 teams
- Collecting information via conversation with clients using phone/email or chat
- Accessing and properly documenting knowledgebase articles, company archives and systems
- Communicating directly with client promptly and appropriately to provide updates
- Creating a positive, satisfying customer support experience
- Tracking work assignments
Tier 1 Technical Support team members who learn and perform well will advance to the next level. Once you have mastered the skills of the Tier 1 Technical Support Specialist position, we will train you to develop the skills and knowledge needed to advance to a Tier 2 Tech Support Specialist position.
- Hands-on learning of our software using online learning system and company experts
- Mentoring by experienced software user on the Technical Support team
- Once the candidate has mastered the software, technical training will ensue. The candidate will be provided with real world support tickets as learning opportunities and will work hand-in-hand with Tech Support and software experts to understand SQL, database and operational issues.
Why do we have such a low turnover rate at our company?
- Excellent work-life balance
- We promote from within
- Our executives are accessible and work side-by-side with team members listening, mentoring and collaborating
- Work in Google-like atmosphere geared towards teamwork and collaboration
- Have a workplace casual dress code
- Promote diversity: our multi-cultural workforce includes a diverse group of team members from all over the world, various ages, etc.
- We like to laugh and have fun! We have a “Fun Committee” that organizes special events, monthly lunches out of the office and more
Liberal Arts students and graduates are encouraged to apply.
Location: This position requires work from our office in Clearwater Florida
Competitive starting salary
Benefits: Health insurance, 401K, paid time off and discount plan
Job Type: Full-time