How have YOU impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
This position coordinates the day-to-day managerial operations of the department & provides management support through the administrative functions of controlling and maintaining processes within the department. Manages the budget, payroll, and general office accounting reconciliation. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan an accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Leads and directs the work with others
A day in the life of a Office Manager II at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
Provides administrative support to Corporate Director, supervisors, and department staff.
- Works cooperatively and liaisons with vendors, staff, and other hospital departments, and acts as a resource for the resolution of process problems encountered by staff.
- Coordinates conferences and schedules meetings and attends department related meetings.
- Maintains confidential employee personnel records and accurate filing system.
- Adheres to all patient confidentiality policies & procedures.
- Preparation and distribution of routine confidential correspondence.
- Creates and develops control system for purchases and department billing.
- Manages and oversees monthly inventory control expenses.
- Ensures equipment is effectively serviced and maintains service contracts with all vendors.
- Maintains and monitors staff educational in-service/logs.
- Ensures compliance with department, facility and corporate policies and procedures.
- Maintains expertise in all software applications required for job functions.
- Troubleshoots and assists as a resource to department staff with computer applications and training.
- Generates and emails daily reports to supervisors and Corporate Director for review.
- Generates Revenue Cycles metrics on a scheduled basis and submits to Corporate director.
- Compiles and analyzes Revenue Cycle department operational expense reports, and reconciles monthly budget/expense reports.
- Prepares and submits information for annual budget.
- Researches and validates cost of supplies in order to maintain accountability to yearly budget.
- Prepares and follows-up on payment requests for all invoices received from vendors for purchases or services rendered.
Calculates, edits, and approves daily payroll records for department staff, including overtime, unplanned or planned time for department staff.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
High School diploma, general equivalency diploma (GED), and/or GED equivalent programs. Business School or training in office management and/or administrative assistant skills.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in office management or administrative assistance experience in a healthcare environment
Strong PC skills with emphasis on Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Electronic record/billing & Payroll systems; excellent spelling and grammar required
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!