Join the most colorful company in the world!
At Crayola, we are for kids! We believe unleashing the wonder, adventure and daydreams of every child begins with creative play and color. Our products and experiences give colorful wings to the invisible things in the hearts and minds of children. Come help us create innovative, fun products that make kids smile by joining us as a...
Account Executive, Education
- this is a remote position - based anywhere in the northeast US*
Through effective relationships, the Account Executive is accountable for selling professional development solutions that meet the needs of school districts in an assigned territory while meeting the business objectives of the Crayola Education division. The Account Executive will be responsible for achieving annual performance objectives, building and achieving territory plans that align Crayola and their assigned districts’ core strategies, and serving as a key member of the Crayola Education Division.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the selling, development and maintenance of account relationship at all levels; serve as bridge to building district account/Crayola Education relationships.*
- Designs strategies that address customer needs and issues while meeting assigned quota; targets and prioritizes accounts and activities; analyzes competitors’ activities and adjusts appropriately.*
- Provide consistent interpretation and analysis of assigned district initiatives, their impact to Crayola’s education business, and how best to align and activate mutually beneficial business building programming.
- Drive account planning that aligns with Education division strategy. *
- Strategically plans sales calls by outlined objectives and action steps.
- Reads the market, recognizes trends, and communicates that information to the Professional Development Leader.
- Demonstrates knowledge of account history, the processes and procedures specific to each district, and the key issues for each account.
- Responds to customers’ requests and problems with appropriate timeliness and concern; Develops professional credibility and trust with the customer.
- Stays up to date on school district curriculum, professional development, funding and purchasing trends
- Provides timely and complete information needed for Education Team colleagues to deliver professional development and support district customers.
- Utilizes Salesforce CRM to manage territory data and update regularly. *
- Uses knowledge of K12 education policies, practices and pedagogy to converse comfortably with customers and understand their needs; effectively communicates the major features, advantages, and benefits of Arts Integration Professional Development.
- Displays a thorough knowledge of state and local adoption timelines in order to be at the right place at the right time to secure funding.
- This position requires a Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Education, Business, Marketing or Liberal Arts.
- Minimum 5 years sales experience with a proven track record in meeting quota.
Educational/Technology sales experience and teaching skills are preferred
- Proficient in MS Office and Salesforce CRM
- Results driven
- Strategic relationship building skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit with strong work ethic
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently, while in line with divisional goals
- Must be able to collaborate with colleagues via face to face, conference calls, and online meetings
- Must hold a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to travel up to 60-70% of the time through a combination of domestic air travel and driving a car.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to drive a motor vehicle. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands and fingers to operate, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Must be able to travel up to 60-70% of the time through a combination of domestic air travel and driving a car.
- Kid Inspired Culture
- Casual Dress
- Free Admission to Crayola Experience for Employees
- Community Volunteerism Opportunities
- Annual Bonus Potential For All FT Employees
- Company Matched 401k & Employee Value Sharing Plan
- Comprehensive Healthcare Benefits
- Education Assistance Program
- Wellness Programs
- Employee Resource Groups
- Generous Product Discounts Onsite & Online
- Onsite Cafeteria & Credit Union
- Option to Purchase Additional Vacation
- Company Sponsored Employee Events
- Discounts on a wide variety of products and services – automotive, electronics, fitness, travel and entertainment
Crayola is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, religious creed, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disabilities, use of a guide or support animal for a disability, a relationship to a person with a disability, veteran status, having a GED (rather than a high school diploma), or any other legally-protected status.
Search Firm Representatives:
Please Read Carefully.
Crayola LLC is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Human Resources is responsible for all vendor relationships and establishing written contingent and retained search firm agreements. Please do not contact Crayola employees directly. All communication with search firm vendors should be directed to Human Resources.