Burial vault company in Shelby, NC is seeking a burial vault delivery driver / installer. This person is responsible for delivering the burial vault to the cemetery, setting up for the graveside service and closing the vault after the service is over.
Responsibilities and Duties
Key functions of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Loading and unloading burial vaults and equipment
- Delivering vault to the cemetery using a company vehicle
- Setting up the equipment and installing the vault into the the open grave
- Raising large tents if customer has requested them
- Preparing the graveside for the funeral service (placing artificial grass / chairs / chair covers)
- Sealing the vault after the funeral service and lowering it into the grave (In some instances, our drivers may help to place the dirt back into the grave.)
- Tearing down equipment, reloading the truck and returning to the warehouse
- Maintaining cleanliness of the truck and equipment
Very dependable employment of at least 40 hours per week. All potential new hires must be at least 21 years of age, able to pass a hair follicle drug test and must be able to push / pull / lift up to 75 lbs. Driving record must be clear of violations for at least three years. Hair must be collar length or shorter. Mustache and/or goatee are acceptable as long as they are neatly maintained. No visible tattoos. Must have reliable transportation.
- This position requires outside work regardless of the weather.
- This is not a structured job in which the employee works Monday-Friday. Our company does not know until 1-2 days ahead of time how many funeral services we will have scheduled. Due to this unpredictable nature, the drivers are scheduled around the services that the funeral homes call in to us. Therefore, our drivers don't have a set day off or set work hours. We guarantee our drivers one day off a week, but will not always be the same day of the week. We do have our drivers on a rotation so that they get a full weekend off every 5 weeks. Most of the time, though, days off are in the middle of the week.
- As with the work days, the work hours vary from day to day depending on what time the funeral services are scheduled. Drivers are contacted the afternoon before to let them know what time they need to report to work the next day.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12.00 to $16.70 /hour
- outdoor work: 1 year (Preferred)
- Morganton, NC (Preferred)
- drivers license (Required)