Direct hire, with full benefits available
- Competitive Salary
- Must have extensive structured cabling experience
The Superintendent is the overall manager on a small to medium sized project. The Superintendent ensures that all contracted work is developed, implemented, installed and managed in accordance with the Company’s requirements, including but not limited to: safety, quality, management and financial performance requirements. All aspects of the assigned project must be carried out as efficiently as possible with respect to staffing, materials management, financial management customer care and customer delivery goals.
Responsibilities and Duties
- The Superintendent will recruit, hire, train, manage, supervise, promote, discipline and discharge, if necessary, all project related staff. Effectively manage all human resource issues per Company policies and procedures. Complete recommendations for project related employees’ performance ratings, promotions and pay changes. Provide guidance and mentoring to meet all customer and Company goals and objectives.
- The Superintendent acts as the senior Company liaison for operational interface with customer representative(s).
- The Superintendent will plan for, manage, monitor and maintain project profitability to achieve Company goals.
- The Superintendent will ensure that deadlines are met per customer requirements.
- The Superintendent will manage overall workload distribution, staffing levels and monitor the customer delivery and job installation progress.
- The Superintendent manages successful job completion; ensure productivity, job completion and compliance to project budget.
- The Superintendent will review all job cost postings for accuracy and completeness, including but not limited to, the preparation of invoices, customer collections and periodic financial reporting to the customer and management.
- The Superintendent will fully complete all IES and project paperwork accurately and on time (specifically timesheets, material transfers, work orders, change orders, tool transfers and others as required); ensure all Job Closing Packages meet customer and Company standards.
- The Superintendent will perform quality checks; manage the prevention of outages; conduct in day to day job walks to ensure quality; prepare red-lined as-built drawings.
- The Superintendent serves as main on-site customer contact for questions and/or concerns; attend facility and constructions meetings when required.
- The Superintendent will perform work consistently demonstrating a detailed level of technical knowledge; troubleshoot and resolve technical issues as they arise.
- The Superintendent will review and monitor operational processes for accuracy, completeness, and efficiency, including but not limited to estimating, purchasing, invoicing, warehousing, scheduling and reporting.
- The Superintendent will develop, redesign and implement process improvements as required to bring processes up to effective levels.
- The Superintendent will be in concert with the Training Department, monitor all quality and safety issues related to the operations department. Actively promote safety as our first priority.
- The Superintendent will lead any assigned operations meetings and training sessions.
- The Superintendent will also manage tools and truck inventory/maintenance.
- The Superintendent will complete any other responsibilities as assigned
Job Type: Full-time
- Structured Cabling/Supervising: 4 years