Impact Your Future, While Impacting Your Community. Our Company. Your Career. Together We Transform Lives!
GOODWILL OF GREATER WASHINGTON IS A DRUG FREE WORK ENVIRONMENT!
Align your passion and purpose at Goodwill
Goodwill offers careers in a variety of exciting and interesting fields throughout the greater Washington, DC region. Working at Goodwill offers competitive wages, a sustainable career path, diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace culture, and makes a lasting and positive impact on our community. It takes Goodwill to do great things. Join our team.
Responsible for setting the strategic direction for how Goodwill uses technology throughout the organization; ensuring that all IT services are delivered as needed to support the business; ensuring that physical facilities are maintained appropriately; and ensuring that safety and asset protection procedures are developed and followed. This position is responsible and will be held accountable for behaving in accordance with organizational RISE values and expectations.
· Directing Others
· Building Effective Teams
· Decision Quality
· Total Work Systems
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement strategic vision and plan for Goodwill’s information technology (IT) infrastructure, ensuring that it supports short and long-term organizational business objectives, and is reliable, resilient, and secure from internal and external threats. IT infrastructure includes wide and local area networks, communications infrastructure, hardware, software, mobile devices, and IT services.
- Ensure that all components of the IT infrastructure are maintained appropriately (ex. hardware kept up to date on firmware and operating system updates, software licenses renewed at the proper time) and that all IT services (including Help Desk functions) are delivered in a way that fully supports all of Goodwill’s business units and locations (retail, federal contract sites, two charter schools, headquarters).
- Develop strategic plans and budgets for renovating or replacing existing facilities[CP1] . Ensure that internal and external resources are deployed appropriately to maintain all leased and owned facilities in a manner that supports ongoing business operations. Ensure that newly acquired or built facilities are designed, constructed, and furnished in a manner that meets our operational and brand requirements.
- Oversee the development and execution of a workplace safety program that meets OSHA and other requirements. Ensure that workplace injuries are reported and addressed properly, including timely submission of any claims to our insurance company.
- Oversee the development of processes and procedures to minimize theft by associates or customers, particularly in our retail stores. This includes ensuring that appropriate investigations are conducted in conjunction with Human Resources (People and Culture team) and site management.
- Ensure that Goodwill has a comprehensive Business Continuity Plan. Plan and execute an annual Disaster Recovery test as required by Goodwill’s accrediting agency, CARF (Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities).
- Author an annual Technology Plan as required by CARF, and ensure that various IT policies and procedures are documented, reviewed at least annually, and updated as needed.
- Develop annual operating and capital budgets to support ongoing operations and strategic initiatives for both Goodwill and the Goodwill Excel Center and re-forecast those budgets as requested. Review and approve invoices for payment and review monthly financial reports to ensure that expenses are tracking to the budget.
This position supervises the following positions and teams:
· The Information Technology team, including the IT Manager at the Goodwill Excel Center
· Director of Property Management and the Facilities Maintenance team
· Director of Safety and Asset Protection and their team
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year institution
- Ten or more years of work experience in IT operations
- Five or more years in an IT senior leadership role and proven ability to build and lead high-performing teams
- Experience leading or overseeing a “Help Desk” function supporting remote users
- Experience setting up or managing wide and local area networks, including working with internet service providers and setting up network schemas
- Proven ability to prioritize effectively and make good decisions in a dynamic environment where new issues requiring attention arise daily and business needs evolve frequently.
- Demonstrated ability to build excellent working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, planning and time management skills.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Azure and other cloud-based platforms and systems.
- Highly skilled with Microsoft 365 tools: Microsoft Teams, Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Experience working with mobile devices and using Microsoft’s InTune and Enterprise Mobility Services
- Reliable personal transportation and ability to travel to any location within the Washington, DC metropolitan area.
Preferred Qualifications * Prior experience with property management and facilities maintenance
- Prior experience with safety and asset protection programs
- Prior experience working in a retail organization
- Prior experience working in a non-profit organization
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- IT Operations: 10 years (Preferred)