The KOMPAN Design team is a dynamic group of 12 professionals who create innovative and imaginative playgrounds and outdoor fitness areas. Research, form, and functionality are combined into solutions that are packaged with modern Scandinavian design. KOMPAN is a world leader in the Play Space industry and we are growing in the U.S. too. Currently, we are looking to hire a Landscape Designer for our Austin office.
We’re looking for a colleague that can respond to our customers’ requests for site plans, permit drawings and solutions for a site. This includes developing fun functional playground design, accounting for how the site drains and drawing footing details for a construction crew. We work in a fast-paced environment with a lot of iterations on site plans as our outside sales team works with our customers across US and Canada.
Our ideal candidate has the following skills:
- Excellent proficiency in AutoCAD.
- Bachelor’s degree in landscape architecture from a LAAB-accredited program.
- Knowledge of grading plans, elevation, topography, irrigation and utilities. Ability to read blueprints and as-builts. Must be able to draw elevation views from survey data. Experience utilizing site measurements and working on permit plans is helpful.
- Commitment to outstanding customer service.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Being highly organized is very useful because of all the details that come with each project. Moving from one project to the next (sometimes in the same day) requires a bit of flexibility.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment with little supervision.
- Excellent “can-do” attitude and strong workplace professionalism. The team is highly collaborative and frequently gives honest (and polite) feedback. You should be able to take this feedback and act on it with positivity and emotional intelligence.
- Understanding of ASTM, ADA and CPSC is a plus.
- Passionate about creating fantastic playgrounds!
What is in it for you? KOMPAN offers industry competitive salaries with an excellent health, vision, and dental plan. 401(k) matching. Our aim is to recruit you to the role at KOMPAN and then provide the culture and career path to keep you here. Our KOMPAN employees were not developed overnight. We provide training, mentoring, and plenty of time to get your mind around the role. Our culture is focused on achieving business goals through teamwork while maintaining a sustainable work/life balance.
If this sounds appealing to you, we would love to hear from you! Please note that we normally receive online portfolio links for these roles, so please do include it!
Job Type: Full-time
- 3DS Max, Sketchup and Adobe CC: 1 year (Preferred)
- Landscape Design: 1 year (Required)
- Playground Design: 1 year (Preferred)
- AutoCAD: 1 year (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance