With our offices located in historic Ybor City (Tampa) Florida, J.C Newman Cigar Company is the oldest family-owned cigar manufacturer and distributor of premium cigars in the country as well as the last operating cigar factory in the Cigar City of Tampa. We have over a century of proven success in the cigar industry. J.C. Newman Cigar Company is a world leader in cigar manufacturing and distribution.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, this position will be responsible for day-to-day administration of various advertising projects developed by the marketing department.
Working as a member of the marketing team, the Marketing Assistant/Analyst will be responsible for guiding and providing analytical support for the J.C. Newman Cigar Company brands. The position will involve analysis and reporting of business/competitive data, assisting in the execution of marketing initiatives (consumer promotions, new product introductions, packaging, and advertising) as well as post evaluation. This position supports the development of annual marketing plans, tracks key performance indicators, and reports on results.
Core Competencies & Responsibilities:
- Develop strategies to improve on existing and past marketing efforts.
- Track existing marketing campaigns to completion and report on results.
- Analyze data compiled from questionnaires and other market research.
- Analyze product performance results and convey findings to marketing team.
- Coordinate market research studies via multiple methods, including phone surveys, online applications, etc.
- Collaborate within the Marketing Department, internal teams, clients and partners on strategy and project implementation.
- Work closely with our marketing team to develop and implement marketing plans and strategies for our brands.
- Assist with promotional activities, host presentations, and organize customer events.
- Update social media and monitor campaigns.
- Assist with the writing of promotional copy for newsletters, websites, catalogs and other marketing initiatives.
- Assist other members of the marketing team with special projects as necessary.
- Administrative duties including but not limited to, monitoring inventory of promotional materials, press monitoring and news clip compilation, facilitate customer sales incentive programs, competitive research and maintaining media libraries.
- Must be an organized self-starter who is able to handle a variety of tasks at the same time.
- Should be a high-energy individual and be able to prioritize, take initiative and work under minimal supervision.
- Strong analytical skills and research capabilities.
- Self-motivated with a high attention to detail.
- Time management and project management abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- A positive attitude.
- The ability to handle multiple projects and tight deadlines.
- Minimum AA degree required; BS or BA in marketing or related field is preferred.
- Minimum 1-year experience in a corporate marketing department or agency.
- Ability to work individually or with a cross-functional team.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint; knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and graphic design software is preferred, but not required.
J.C. Newman Cigar offers a competitive benefits package which includes major medical and dental insurance, a 401k Savings Plan with Company match, Company paid life and short-term disability insurance, long term disability insurance along with vacation and personal time.
J.C. Newman Cigar is a Drug-Free workplace. Offers of employment are contingent upon satisfactory pre-employment drug screening.
J.C Newman Cigar Company is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- Corporate Marketing: 1 year