You’ll experience the following perks as a* full-time UMG employee...*
- Competitive Benefits – Your comprehensive benefits package will offer Medical, Dental, & Vision, as well as 30+ days of PTO, a 401k savings plan with company match, & more.
- Employee Development – We’re invested in growing your career within UMG. Your engagement in L&D programs will help expand your skill set. Also, you’ll be the first to be considered when new roles open.
- Culture and Environment – You’ll enjoy our branded offices that feature UMG artists and music 24/7, employee lounges complete with video games, musical instruments, couches, free soda and coffee, free merchandise, & more.
- Social Responsibility – Your good works and engagement in various causes will be amplified by UMG’s donation-match programs, strengthening our impact throughout the world.
UMPG is looking for a highly motivated person experienced at supervising people, the role is responsible for the day to day management of team coordinator and administrators and the Copyright tasks and activities performed by North American administration on behalf of UMP NA business functions including, timely agreement data entry, the analysis, and correction of data errors with the aim of improving data quality.
Manage all Copyright tasks and activities that cover the end to end administration value chain, assigning to team co-ordinators and administrators based upon knowledge and experience, ensuring the successful delivery to internal and external clients.
Working in partnership with the co-Team Manager to proactively deliver on key milestones, timelines, and as necessary implement new ways of improving data quality and administration services. This position will provide important support to the Senior Director NA Admin, Director of Copyright and Royalty in implementing global standards, performance metrics, and service levels. The position reports to the Director Copyright NA Admin Services.
- Actively perform and support the NA Administration Team Co-ordinators and administration team to deliver the end to end value chain for the royalty and copyright administration functions, including Copyright:
- Agreement data entry and maintenance
- Foreign/Domestic LoD’s
- Film and TV
- Data clean-up projects
- Copyright query management
- Organise resources, allocate tasks and set priorities for the NA Administration team co-ordinators and administrators
- Supervise the Jira workflow for the NA Administration team
- Manage and minimize backlogs across data entry for individual team members, setting clear objectives and goals
- Through active involvement support team members by answering questions, problem resolution, and monitoring performance
- Collaborate effectively with the other team managers to manage the team to achieve a consistently high performance
- Deliver agreed on internal service levels
- Ensure the administration team adhere to the agreed processes in order to deliver efficiencies
- As requested report volume and performance metrics data to actively monitor performance
- Provide support to the Tracking and Analytics team, including research
- Liaise, research and answer requests from the internal business teams, Business Affairs, A&R, Finance, Film & TV
- Research and answer requests from external parties, writers, managers and collection societies
- Work as an active and contributory member of the NA Administration Team, participate in the development of on-going service improvements, data standards, workflow and process flow modifications and document file maintenance
- Ad hoc projects and responsibilities as required
- Effectively monitoring and manage performance issues
- The ability to work on a day to day basis with minimal daily direction and self-manage a team through individual tasks and priorities
- Ability to create and build individual and teamwork plans, project plans, setting goals and meeting targets
- Follows through on open issues through to resolution, meets deadlines in an efficient and effective way
- Promote a customer orientated culture improving client service and relations
- Excellent MS Office skills, particularly Excel, data management as well as extraction of data from customized systems
- Experience in the music publishing industry is important but not required
- Experience of running a team and the setting of timelines and priorities
- Experience with performing research and answering requests from internal and external clients
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
UMG is the world leader in music-based entertainment, with a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, & audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. Featuring the most comprehensive catalog of recordings and songs across every musical genre, we identify and develop artists and produce and distribute the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music in the world. Committed to artistry, innovation, & entrepreneurship, we foster the development of services, platforms, & business models in order to broaden artistic and commercial opportunities for our artists and create new experiences for fans.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
You can find out more about us at http://universalmusic.com, view our current career opportunities at http://umusiccareers.com, or join our talent pool at http://bit.ly/joinUMGtalentpool.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year
- music copyright or royalty: 1 year (Required)