Crosby is the world leader in the heavy lift industry. We set the standard for quality, training, and technical expertise in the field. It’s our goal to exceed the expectations of our customers through technical leadership, innovative solutions, vertically integrated manufacturing, premier use of support, and a value-added distribution channel.
We are committed to investing in and developing our employees’ talents and leadership and are currently seeking candidates for this position.
Crosby offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes paid time off, medical, dental, vision, company ownership, tuition assistance, life and disability coverages, 401(k) with company match and 10 paid holidays annually.
Under the direction of the Distribution Center Manager, perform all standard warehouse work duties in an efficient manner. The Warehouse Worker must be able to operate different types of industrial lift trucks in a safe manner, perform all general duties consistent with the preparation of customer orders for shipment according to established Crosby policies and count/verify all incoming material.
- Ability to safely and efficiently operate fork lifts of various sizes and types.
- Inspect and service fork lifts following established Crosby policies, checking and maintaining as necessary.
- Ability to recognize materials and remember storage locations.
- Verify that product in container matches the identification tag before putting away.
- Use RF bar code equipment to check stock, multi-bin locations, and enter data when locating or removing inventory from multi-bin locations.
- Maintain multi-bin 100% accurate at all times.
- Verify quantity, product description, and evaluates appearance of all incoming material.
- Uses RF equipment to receive trailer loads from manufacturing plants.
- Prepares identification tags and affixes to full pallet boxes receive from production facilities.
- Proficient with computer and programs used to verify and receive trailers from plants.
- Hand counts while transferring material from incoming mixed pallet boxes into proper stock boxes.
- Records receiving data on appropriate forms and distributes copies in accordance with established Crosby procedure.
- Verifies receipt of purchased goods and prepares paperwork according to established Crosby procedures.
- Provide occasional clerical assistance to other team members as required.
- Assist cycle counter.
- Pack Orders using RF equipment according to established Crosby policies. Load customer orders on appropriate trucks.
- Understand and follow all packing procedures for UPS, truck, intercompany, and airfreight orders.\*
- Perform small volume assembly jobs.
- Wrap, seal, weigh and affix proper shipping identification, (listing weight, method of shipment and identification) to prescribed forms of shipping containers.
- Must be able to ship and process hazmat shipments in accordance with proper regulations at the Dallas Warehouse.
- Other duties as assigned.
Conditions are variable, depending on assignment and may include extended periods of sitting, working on computer, talking on phone, etc., extended periods of standing and/or walking. Speaking, listening, reaching, lifting, bending, stooping, and climbing may also be required. Exposure to elements, including extreme heat and cold may also be required.
Monday to Friday
7:00am to 3:30pm
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 per hour