FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN:
Custom Truck One Source has openings for Field Service Technician with background in aerial, construction equipment, and heavy & light duty trucks. They will be responsible for maintaining the equipment we rent, sell and customer units.
FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Assist with customer inquiries.
- Safely travel to and from customer locations in a safe, timely, and courteous manner.
- Demonstrate use of equipment to customers.
- Quickly and safely evaluate / troubleshoot worksite equipment repairs.
- Maintain and make rent ready a variety of equipment and vehicles to ensure their safe operation and customer readiness.
- Perform timely check out/check in.
- Check equipment for damage, record hours used, mileage and fuel levels.
- Perform pick–up and delivery of equipment and parts to and from outside vendors and other locations for purchase and/or repair.
- Follow all company Operational Procedures and QC Standards.
- Evaluate and complete equipment repairs in a timely manner.
- Complete parts order.
- Maintain parts inventory.
- Maintain truck parts inventory.
- Responsible for cleaning and maintaining shop and equipment.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe work environment at all times.
- Inspect equipment and trucks for safety decals and compliance.
- Maintain the service and appearance of assigned service truck.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Service Manager or any other manager.
- Maintain a professional and technical knowledge of equipment by attending educational workshops.
- Complete all necessary paperwork.
FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN QUALIFICATIONS:
- Previous mechanic service experience in the equipment rental / construction industry and/or related field required.
- Must hold a valid Wisconsin Commercial Driver’s license
- Must have a driving record in good standing. To be in good standing a driver must not have any of the following violations:
- Any major violations (DWI, homicide, reckless driving, drugs, leaving the scene) within the last three years.
- Two or more other moving violations and one fault accident in the last three years.
- Three or more moving violations n the last three years
- Two or more at fault accidents in the last three years with no moving violations. * High school diploma or the equivalent.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information.
- Must have your own tools
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Strong attendance record.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test.
- Must be self-sufficient and driven.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to communicate effectively before individual customers or groups of customers or employees of organization or parent organization.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT :
- Majority of work performed in a shop and outside.
- Activities requiring handling and grasping with the hands when performing repairs or maintenance of equipment by utilizing hand tools, power tools, air tools, nuts, bolts, electronic controls, and other small parts
- Occasional use of foot/feet to operate foot pedal on equipment to test operation
- Frequent lifting of 25-100 pounds.
- Ability to walk and stand on concrete and uneven surfaces for at least 8 hours per day
- Ability to bend, kneel and work with arms raised for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to climb over and into heavy equipment several times per day
- Occasional working at heights above 10 ft
- Exposure to bright lights, extreme temperatures, loud noise, dust, gas and/or fumes.
- Exposure to construction sites
FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN COMPENSATION:
- Based on experience.
- This is a full-time position with standard benefits to include Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, vacation pay, STD, LTD, and life insurance.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00 to $28.00 /hour