Raytheon Albuquerque is part of Raytheon’s Missile Systems’ Naval and Area Mission Defense (NAMD) product line, providing comprehensive expertise in pulsed power engineering, diagnostics and effects testing; RF and particle code simulation; airborne flight test and satellite systems support and tracking; large facility operations, maintenance, and engineering; sensor development and diagnostics; control and data acquisition systems; software and automation; materials fabrication, assembly, processing and coating; quality engineering; and document production, imaging and management. Key growth opportunities include the integration of directed energy weapons on combat platforms. Raytheon Albuquerque is also a leader in development of linear accelerator technology for government and commercial applications.
The electrical technician will be responsible for the build and testing of electrical subsystems for pulse power, high power microwave, and particle beam system. Activities include assembling circuit boards, constructing cables, building computer control systems, wiring transportainers, wiring cabinets, and working with pulsed power. Activities will also include diagnosing failures. The items being constructed will be used in prototypes and demonstrations. Very often the technician will need to re-work components after being built and tested. Position will require working with other technicians, engineers, and scientists.
- 3 or more years relevant experience in electrical fabrication or related field
- Ability to read mechanical drawings and electric schematics
- Demonstrated capability to perform a broad, diverse range of technical tasks and/or very specific technical tasks in the engineering disciplines.
- Ability to provide hands on technical support during research and development phases through demonstration tests.
- Capable of giving detailed instructions and expressing technical concepts clearly.
- Ability to work with large and small teams, depending on circumstances.
- Ability to use drill press, soldering iron, digital multi-meter, hand tools.
- Ability to work safely around high voltage (208 VAC to 100KV DC)
Trade school or technician certificate.
Experience with high-voltage pulsed power systems.
Experience with explosive-driven pulsed power systems.
Experience with accelerator systems.
Experience with very high power RF systems.
Experience with field testing.
Required Education (including Major):
High School Education
Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret or higher clearance.
Raytheon is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
This is a multi-level position that can be a salary grade G02/G03 based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.