Sr. Director – Technology Program Management
IT, InfoSecurity & Business Operations | San Francisco, CA
Provide Technology & Information Security solutions program management to deliver secure and seamless experiences for people – internally and externally -- using our products 24/7 around the world.
The role of Sr. Director, Technical Program Management is responsible for guiding teams to operationalize and implement key enterprise wide technology initiatives from strategy to delivery, ensuring that key opportunities are analyzed, approved and well planned to execute with excellence. This role helps the executive leadership team ensure that we are working on projects that are aligned with our strategic goals and use resources wisely. Alongside delivery of technology programs, this role will ensure that scalable and industry best practices based program management framework and productivity tools are established to drive consistency in processes, reporting, and communications.
The Sr. Director will help evolve workflow processes and policies to fit the ever-changing needs and capabilities of our growing company. The team takes an active and hands-on role in helping people throughout the company meet their goals, focusing as much on the people involved as on the process.
This position is a People manager and reports to VP, Operations and Enterprise Programs.
- Manage successful end to end delivery of technology programs through active leadership and engagement both at a strategic and detailed program level
- Track progress on cross functional programs plans, assess actual performance against the program plan, make adjustments consistent with plan objectives, and ensure all stakeholders are informed of progress and issues.
- Etablish the PMO organization as a center of excellence, defining the program management process, standards, deliverables and operational cadence.
- Define the approach to Continuous Improvement including tools for portfolio system, program KPIs, operating rhythms and review cycles.
- Oversight on key company operating rhythms, including in-take, prioritization & approvals of top cross company program priorities.
- Develop appropriate resource capacity planning, analysis and forecasting.
- Partner with senior leadership, business partners to ensure requirements, customer business goals and objectives are clear and align to concrete strategic and tactical plans.
- Design and manage program standards that can be widely adopted and delivered through training, including: best practices, work procedures, application, quality objectives, lessons learned, change management methods, and metrics for assessing progress.
- 10+ Years of Program Management experience
- Experience working on programs for companies in a professional capacity, ideally oriented to SaaS, product and technology companies.
- Education Requirements: Bachelor's degree in Technical Field or Business.
- Demonstrated understanding of system development life cycle, dynamics of software development programs, practices, and methods.
- 8+ years in an Agile or SaaS environment during times of exponential growth
- Excellent verbal, written, organizational, presentation and interpersonal communications skills. Ability to present and explain complex information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others and gains understanding.
- Demonstrate strong leadership and collaboration skills in a highly matrixed environment with the ability to effectively influence, motivate, manage & coach
- Experience preparing critical path analysis, schedules, budgets, and staffing to manage support of strategic programs.
- Ability to develop clear program strategies, supporting business case and various high-level program plans.
- Proven track record in contributing to and leading cross functional programs to successful outcomes that compel constituents to act.
IT, InfoSecurity & Business Operations @DocuSign
We are in the business of trust and reliability. We create, maintain and operate scalable IT & InfoSecurity solutions that deliver an exceptional experience for our customers – both internal and external -- who trust and rely on us. We are creating an infrastructure that scales and supports DocuSign's ambitious vision. That requires a smart, highly collaborative team who can identify and investigate new technologies to continue to deliver and scale globally and securely.
DocuSign® is changing how business gets done by empowering hundreds of thousands of companies and tens of millions of user in most countries around the world to sign, send and manage documents anytime, anywhere, on any device with confidence. DocuSign replaces printing, faxing, scanning and overnighting documents with the easiest, fastest, most trusted way to make every approval and decision digital. Organizations of all sizes and industries are accelerating contracts, approvals and workflows with DocuSign's Digital Transaction Management (DTM) platform and eSignature solution. DocuSign keeps life and business moving forward.
DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at DocuSign are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.