- Evaluates the overall oral health of patients; examines oral cavity for signs of oral cancer, periodontal disease or other lesions, and oral manifestations of systematic diseases.
- Performs oral hygiene procedures in accordance with treatment plans prescribed by doctor; these procedures may include but not limited to: prophylaxis, periodontal scaling and root planning, debridement, placement of locally applied antibiotics, application of fluoride treatments, protective sealants, completion of in office or take home whitening, oral cancer screening
- Educates patients on oral hygiene care to help patient maintain or improve oral health
- Record and review patient medical histories in dental software.
- Expose and develop radiographs.
- Maintain dental equipment and sharpen and sterilize dental instruments.
- Apply fluorides and other cavity preventing agents to arrest dental decay.
- Administer local anesthetic agents as per state legislative guidelines (licensure required-optional).
- Coordinate communication between patients, family members, and dental team members for patient care and scheduling purposes.
- Follow company policies, procedures and company trainings regarding patient care including but not limited to scheduling and time management protocols.
- Follows OSHA regulations and safety requirements to include compliance with HIPAA guidelines, CPR, X-rays, and other required certifications and registrations.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the dental practice both in and outside the dental practice.
- Participate in marketing events to promote dental services and the practice
- Informs dentists of possible restorative concerns for further examination.
- Maximizing patient flow in office.
- Consults with doctor and office staff to ensure patient expectation levels are met and exceeded.
- Expected to work all scheduled work days, during scheduled hours and report to work on time.
- Other special projects or responsibilities as assigned.
- 1-5 years ‘experience
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited program
- Licensed to practice as a registered dental hygienist Pennslyvania
- CPR certification required
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $51,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year