Founded in 1967, ImageFIRST is the largest and fastest growing national linen rental and laundry service specializing in the outpatient medical market. ImageFirst’s 36 locations nationwide serve over 6,000 medical offices every week, providing linen, patient gowns, scrubs and much more while partnering with our customers to better manage linen inventory. Since 2012, ImageFIRST has also helped hundreds of medical offices and facilities with their regulated medical waste disposal. By using the same service model as our laundry division, we have brought remarkable service to the regulated medical waste industry. Our customer service, along with fair and reasonable pricing, makes ImageFIRST the best choice for medical waste disposal.
This is a service oriented position requiring the employee to establish, maintain and build strong customer relationships through responsive and creative sales and service strategies. They will grow existing customer business through retention programs, provide prompt effective solutions to customer needs, maximize route revenue through improved time management and maximize contract terms by identifying changes in programs that require updated paperwork. The Representative will be ImageFIRST’s “face” to our current and potential customers.
- Support: promote our values and the ImageFIRST way to build the company by positively impacting the lives of our associates, our community, our customers and their patients.
- Sales: Increase account revenue by identifying new opportunities within service territory.
- Customer Relationships: Identify and resolve customer concerns, ensure customer satisfaction with company products and services, develop positive relationships with principal customer contacts, maintain enthusiastic and professional attitude and maximize customer contract term.
- Route: Manage route to maximize efficiency, productivity and revenue: operate company equipment safely and responsibly, comply with applicable rules and regulations relating to safety and operation of commercial motor vehicles.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Provide exceptional service to customers in the GA/SC service area.
- Manage each customer’s regulated medical waste to assure within existing permit and regulations for transport and disposal. Properly label and secure regulated medical waste for proper transport. Document and record required information needed for transport and disposal.
- Check in corrugated boxes and containers of medical waste at IF facility. Load supplies and paperwork for next service days.
- Ability to lift 50-60 pounds on a frequent basis
- Clean driving record
- Ability to follow process and procedures and to assure compliance and safety.
- Account management experience
- Minimal delivery or route experience
- Must be computer literate
- Knowledge: Practical insight specific to the regulated medical waste industry and operations.
- Decision Making: Identify problem/root causes and develops alternative courses of action and makes decisions that are based on logic assumptions which reflect factual information.
- Communication: Excellent oral, written, phone and face to face communication skills with associates, customers and managers.
- Integrity/Accountability/Follow Through: Demonstrates commitment to personal productivity and work quality. Attends to task from inception to final resolution and accepts personal responsibility for assigned work.
- Creativity: Looking for new and innovating ways to improve customer satisfaction.
- Dependability: able to come to work on time every day
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401k (match)
- Company cell phone
- Paid Vacation Package
ImageFirst employees are required to:
- Be Respectful: Value all we come in contact
- Be Honest: Be guided by truthfulness in all we do
- Be Safe: Keep ourselves and those around us safe
- Be Remarkable
EOE / Drug Free Work Place
Job Type: Full-time
Lease purchase program offered: