LightWorkers Media (LWM) is seeking a Vice President of Development for its faith and family content label. Working closely with LightWorkers president Roma Downey, this individual will source and develop LightWorkers-branded projects for financing and distribution by MGM and/or third parties. This individual must have a clear creative sensibility, strong development skills, and a passion for producing inclusive, uplifting content that will appeal to a faith-friendly audience. LWM is a joint venture among MGM, Mark Burnett and Roma Downey.
- Source and develop new content ideas and projects
- Engage in robust sales efforts across all ranges of potential buyers
- Identify projects with artistic and commercial potential with a keen understanding of tone and genre
- Search out new talent in the faith-friendly community and cultivate creative relationships
- Assess proposals, formats, and pitches, making recommendations on projects
- Work with writers to develop story and scripts, give creative guidance to directors and other key production talent
- Manage productions from inception, interacting with key stakeholders internally and externally during the process Basic Qualifications:
- 5 plus years of experience working in film and/or television development at a studio, agency or production company
- Must be experienced with full lifecycle of feature/television development
- Extensive experience with sourcing and developing projects
- Excellent communication skills
- Solid network in the entertainment industry ranging from agents, writers, directors, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled