We are a 45-employee contract manufacturing company comprised of engineers, machinists, and assemblers who need to get things done quickly, accurately and efficiently for our clients. Our engineering and manufacturing company was recently added to the Best Small Companies in America list by Forbes Magazine. Also, we are honored to be recognized among the Best & Brightest Companies to Work for in Chicago for the 5th year in a row!
About the POSITION:
This is a fantastic opportunity for a self-motivated Mechanical CAD Designer. The person in this position will support our Production department through the generation and maintenance of solid models, mechanical details, and bills of material.
It is important that the applicant possesses the following virtues:
- Friendly, upbeat attitude
- Desire to get as much done in a day as possible
- Proactive self-starter, able to work with limited supervision
- Highly responsive
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to go above and beyond without being asked to
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment with positive results
Edit, revise, and update changes to existing CAD drawings or Bill of Materials
Creation and maintenance of bills of materials.
Involved in official Engineering Releases to the Production department for manufacturing.
Assist with scheduling and report on project status
Budgeting and product price targeting while in the design phase.
Assist Purchasing with sourcing of materials.
Maintain organization of CAD file system.
Mechanical design and detail
- Associates Degree in Drafting/Design/Engineering or equivalent job-related experience
- Proficient in solid modeling with Autodesk Inventor or SolidWorks and MS Excel
- 2 years industrial experience
- Ability to read and understand mechanical drawings
- Understand and apply dimensional tolerancing
- Ability to understand and apply sound detailing practices
- Good understanding of design for manufacturability (mechanical assembly)
Fusion OEM offers a full benefits package including health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, 401K with match, paid time off and holiday pay.
This is a salaried position (exempt).
The Fusion OEM candidate evaluation process includes drug test, background check and reference checks.
Fusion OEM is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EEO M/F/D/V