ABB is seeking a Payroll Tax Analyst for its Cary, North Carolina.The Payroll Tax Analyst demonstrates in depth knowledge in regards to US payroll tax law and regulation and this role is responsible for monitoring payroll tax activities internally and externally. Collectively collaborates with team to proactively monitor internal controls to ensure accuracy, compliance and timely tax filing & reporting to government authorities.
Typical duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
PAYROLL TAX LIAISON & ACCOUNTABILITES
- Monitors payroll tax activity.
- Collaborates with team along with various workstreams to resolve employee inquiries/cases within the SLA timeframe. Documents the source, seeks proper approvals, determines any necessary transactions & documents them according to ABB policies that will effectively substantiate action(s) taken. This includes timely execution of all tax updates on employee records.
- Accountable for analysis of payroll or Masterdata related entries that impact the accuracy of tax withholding or reporting. Helps identify drivers for these abnormalities, researches, analyzes and documents as well as propose corrective action.
- Responsible for recording, monitoring, and resolving agency tax notices & tracers with 3rd party provider & government agencies, as well as validating of all agency responses.
- Performs detailed jurisdictional reconciliations for internal & external audits.
- Creates adhoc reporting to support internal & external functions.
- Researches and remains current with payroll tax compliance laws and regulations covering the US ABB regions & provides payroll tax guidance & awareness of applicable changes & provides appropriate recommendations.
- Assists with Year-End processing and closing.
- Assists with HRSP and regression testing collectively with team. Develops test cases and tests British Standards Institution (BSI) Tax updates. Keeps SAP and BSI tax configuration current by submitting requests for applicable changes, such as rates and new tax authorities.
- Collectively collaborates with team to proactively monitor internal controls to ensure accuracy, compliance and timely tax filing & reporting to government authorities.
FILING AND DEPOSITS
- Proactively audits and validates payroll tax filings / reports submitted on behalf of ABB by our 3rd party service provider. This position reviews & confirms that all payroll tax deposits are accurate and executed on-time to eliminate any late filing penalties. Position identifies unusual transactions, escalates when appropriate, coordinates resolution and interacts with 3rd party payroll provider. Leads Quarter Balancing & Year End processes with Annunciator Display Panels (ADP) Tax Services.
INTERNATIONAL PAYROLL TAX AND REPORTING
- Initiates and records earnings and tax adjustments into the applicable payroll system, as requested by ABB’s 3rd party International Tax Partner (PWC). Ensures appropriate documentation exists to prove our employee’s taxable wages and tax liabilities. Engaged in payroll transactions related to Expatriate & Inpatriate employees, and monitors the impacts to their taxation.
SARBANES-OXLEY AND INTERNAL CONTROL
- Provides recommendations for compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements. Confirms that all controls are functioning as designed and proactively identifies areas for improvement in internal controls. Includes testing of segregation of duties (SOD), testing of payroll service’s controls and identifies “gaps”, as well as participating in annual SOX testing and validation exercises.
- Assists with quarterly and annual audit engagements with ABB’s Internal & External Auditors. Ensures informational requests are documented, information is provided and that any issues are clearly identified and resolved.
- Assists with implementation of key strategies and projects as identified or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting or related field AND minimum of two (2) years of Payroll Tax Accounting experience.
- Associate’s degree in business, accounting or related field and minimum of four (4) years of Payroll Tax Accounting experience.
- High School Diploma and minimum of six (6) years of Payroll Tax Accounting experience.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that allows them to work for ABB in the United States.
- Annunciator Display Panels (ADP Tax Services)/ADP FACS experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Payroll tax reporting and compliance in a multi-state / large corporation.
- Proficient in MS Excel spreadsheet and database design and creation: pivot tables, “What if” analysis, data extraction and reporting.
- Proficiency with ERP general ledger system.
- Must maintain confidential information discreetly and protect employee privacy.
- Able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment, adapt well to changing priorities to meet deadlines and work on various initiatives concurrently.
- Critical thinking skills needed to investigate and resolve issues.
- Ability to work in a flexible environment where requirements and procedures continuously evolve.
- Highly ethical, analytical, team-oriented, flexible, inquisitive & logical.
- CPP designation is preferred.
- SAP payroll Module experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
Location Cary, North Carolina, USA
Business Unit HR Service Delivery
Date posted 2019-01-16
Job Function Human Resources
Publication ID US67671068_E2