Ciox Health’s people, process and technology give healthcare organizations an HIM edge. If you share our commitment to providing service that is second-to-none, we invite you to join our team of more than 7,500 HIM specialists, healthcare veterans and thought-leaders nationwide. If you are passionate about what you do, then you belong with the leading provider of full suite HIM solutions. Ciox Health's Coding/HIM Consulting/EMR Abstraction Division is looking for HIM professionals to join our rapidly growing team! We are currently hiring an Appeals Coordinator!
This is a remote/work-from-home opportunity!!
If you are looking for a great remote opportunity to work as a revenue cycle specialist assisting and coordinating appeals, this job is for you! The right person will be focused on partnering with your assigned client to understand and support their day to day appeal coordination needs, goals, challenges, technology and workflow.
- Monitor weekly Medical Record Requests for Medicare accounts
- Monitor key health plans Open/Unfulfilled Requests on health plans’ website.
- Utilize denial tracking software to regularly notate/respond to EHR tasks and requests
- Process Outpatient Medical Necessity denial appeals
- Validate charges from the medical record
- Ensure effective workflow and coordination
- Other appeals duties as assigned
- Associate degree in a health-care information or health care finance related field preferred * Working knowledge of appeals workflow
- Must possess a working knowledge of Local and National Coverage Determination policies (LCD’s and NCD’s), Ambulatory Payment Classification (APC) related edits such as the National Correct Coding Initiative (NCCI) and Outpatient Code Editor (OCE), and HIPAA (Health Information Portability & Accountability Act), regulations
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and have some familiarity with Access
- Must possess excellent organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills, along with demonstration of excellent interpersonal skills
- CRCS Required
- RHIT, CCS, CPC preferred
Job Type: Part-time
- Outpatient Coding: 2 years
- appeals/denials writing: 1 year