The General Dynamics Land Systems Intern Program provides an opportunity for
students looking to start or continue the transition from academia into industry. Our
three-month internship assignments provide compensation based on area of study
and class standing, and have the students embedded in key functional areas of our
business, getting real-world experience and mentorship from seasoned professionals.
The Application Support Intern offers practical work experience in a wide range of IT
- Application support and troubleshooting
- IT process design and implementation
- Technical IT projects
- IT security
The Application Support Intern will gain valuable experience working in the IT
department of one of the world's most successful defense contractors. Will work in a
highly complex IT environment, interacting with IT Staff and engaging on technical
projects to help solve real business challenges.
Position Requirements:Candidate must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Candidate must currently be attending a university or college and enrolled in an
undergraduate program in the Computer Sciences or Management Information
- Candidate must be at least 18 years old at the start of the internship.
- Must be a U.S. Person (i.e. a lawful permanent resident of the U.S.)
- Candidate must preferably have overall GPA of 3.0.
- Candidate must successfully pass pre-employment drug screen and background
- The Intern must be able to complete a minimum of a three month assignment and
work full time for the duration.
- Familiar with Microsoft tools (MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word)
- Understands Information Technology security concepts
- Able to think and react quickly to rapidly changing situations
- Knowledge of computer network infrastructure and operating system concepts
- Knowledge of relational database concepts
- Knowledge of application programming concepts
- Knowledge of Siemens Teamcenter and NX and PTC Creo
- Knowledge of Mentor Graphics, Slicwave, Atlassian Suite Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket-GIT, Nation Instruments-NI, Linux OS, SQL Server