The Quality Assurance group is seeking a Senior level analytical chemist. The Senior Chemist will be responsible for developing, validating and performing laboratory release testing on incoming raw materials, in-process formulation, and finished product. All testing will be performed in an accurate and timely manner while maintaining and ensuring quality and compliance. The position is in Gainesville, FL.
Responsibilities for the Chemist position include:
- Develop and validate analytical testing methods.
- Perform In-Process, Finished Product, and Stability testing using GC, GC/MS, and wet chemistry techniques.
- Analyze raw materials using USP/NF or in-house developed testing methods.
- Prepare standards, samples, solvent mixtures, and reagents for chromatographic analysis.
- Perform all assigned tasks in a timely and organized manner in accordance with cGMP, GLP and company policies and procedures.
- Investigate and troubleshoot analytical issues.
- Work on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Operate and maintain all analytical instrumentation and equipment as per established procedures.
- Maintain good cGMP practices by following detailed SOP's, maintaining training, laboratory notebooks and good documentation practices.
- Perform semi-complex adjustments to lab equipment and instruments, calibration, preventative maintenance, and qualification of equipment, including completing appropriate documentation.
- Write standard operating procedures (SOPs) for equipment operation, methods, and general laboratory procedures as needed.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by performing routine area housekeeping and reporting unsafe conditions.
- Assists in performing internal quality audits.
- Works with Quality Assurance personnel to investigate any product quality issues.
- Master’s degree or bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or related scientific field with 5-7 years of experience.
- Method development and method validation experience is preferred.
- Experience in the QC testing laboratory is preferred.
- Experience working closely with manufacturing teams is preferred.
- GC and GC/MS operation skills
- Chromeleon software experience is a plus.
- Computer proficiency and excellent MS Office skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, small company environment with the ability to adjust workload based upon changing priorities.
- Able to lift 50 lbs.
Send Resume and cover letter with salary requirements in response to this position.
Job Type: Full-time
- Master’s or bachelor’s with 5-7 year’s experience
- Chemistry or related scientific field: 5-7 years
Job Type: Full-time