Joby Aviation is seeking a highly organized, passionate individual to coordinate our composite materials qualification effort leading to the development, certification and production of eVTOL aircraft.
This individual will have overall responsibility to develop, test and qualify composite prepregs, surface films and structural adhesives.
- Develop and implement FAA mandated material qualification test plans.
- Supervise composite layup and technicians in the fabrication of test panels and specimens.
- Coordinate the physical and mechanical testing of materials both in-house and with suppliers and outside laboratories.
- Compile the final test reports and update materials specification as required.
- Lead development efforts to create a robust and repeatable process.
- Knowledge of aerospace composite parts fabrication and structural bonding.
- Familiarity with standard ASTM and SACMA test procedures.
- Must possess good writing, PC and presentation skills.
- Understanding of statistical design allowables.
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Hands-on material test laboratory experience.
- Familiarity with DOT/FAA/AR-00/47 and CMH-17G.
- Aerospace background in advanced composites, machined parts and aircraft assembly.
Bachelor’s in an engineering discipline with 2 years of relevant industry or laboratory experience. Recent graduates may be considered.