About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
Wholesale Payments Operations (WPO) is part of the Digital & Platform Services organization in the Corporate & Investment Bank. WPO supports Payments, Receivables, and Trade Finance Products and acts as the payment hub for JPMorgan Chase, across the firm’s business lines. WPO consists of 5,500 employees across 60 sites and supports 142k corporations, financial institutions, governments and municipalities domiciled in over 180 countries. On average, WPO processes 30.1MM transactions daily across 122 currencies valued at $3.2T.
Wholesale Payments Operations and the Payments industry as a whole are undergoing significant amounts of change and disruption – industry, technology, and organizational. It is critical to develop and execute on a strategy that will enhance the organization’s business and operational model and position it for continued success.
We are seeking an Executive Director level candidate to lead Operations Strategy for the WPO organization. The role will report directly to the Head of Innovation for Wholesale Payments Operations. The successful candidate will define and implement, in conjunction with WPO Leadership, the direction of the WPO Operational Strategy.
This role will interact and collaborate with Operations Leaders and their respective organizations, key partners across Digital Strategy, Digital & Platform Services including Operations Transformation and Technology and Business colleagues.
This role is ideal for a highly motivated individual with advanced strategy, problem solving, and transformation as well as strong influencing, interpersonal and communication skills. The successful candidate will have a strong background and proven ability to transform Operations businesses.
- Define and drive WPO operating strategy and roadmap.
- Assess business challenges, needs, gaps, customer feedback, key problem statements, and recommend strategies.
- Incorporate input and insight from business, technology, industry, clients, DPS, regulators etc
- Develop and lead strategic activities essential to ensuring the organization’s goals are achieved.
- Work with product aligned teams to drive product level operating strategy.
- Drive organizational design changes to deliver scalable growth and digital transformation
- Translate finding into simple compelling arguments for change that are grounded and supported with data
Skills Required / Qualifications
- Experience at top-tier consulting firm in payments/financial services industry
- Experience in operationalizing strategy, turning big vision into actionable plans
- Complex problem-solving skills, with hands-on ability
- Proven experience in developing and leading significant operational strategy initiatives
- Advanced analytics and insights development experience – telling stories with data
- Experience in the development of operating models, process re-engineering, complex project delivery, organizational change
- Ability to navigate a complex and matrixed environment and drive alignment around a common vision and strategy
- Strong ability to build relationships with and influence colleagues, business leaders and functional partners
- Confident communicator with ability to provide clear and succinct verbal and written updates
- Superior execution skills
- Strong risk and control mindset
- Strong management and leadership skills, including the ongoing coaching and development of team members