REPORTS TO: DISTRICT MANAGER
Boot Barn is where community comes first. We thrive on togetherness, collaboration, and belonging. We build each other up, listen intently, and implement out-of-the-box ideas. We celebrate new innovations, congratulate one another's achievements, and most importantly support each other.
At Boot Barn, we work together to make a positive impact on the world around us, and by working collectively with encouragement, we consider ourselves "Partners." With the values of the West guiding us, Boot Barn celebrates heritage, welcomes all, and values each unique Partner within our Boot Barn community.
Our vision is to offer everyone a piece of the American spirit - one handshake at a time.
The Store Manager is a champion and model of Boot Barn's Mission, Vision and Values. They are a business driver who demonstrates the highest level of leadership in support of exceptional customer service and attainment of store sales goals, a builder of strong teams and culture that encourages partner engagement and regular development of store partners, and a retail expert who sets the standard for operational excellence in all areas. The Store Manager will partner with District & Regional Leadership, Human Resources, and Store Support Center in pursuit of year-over-year increases, a best-in-class customer experience, ensuring profitability of the business through optimized staffing, shrink reduction and general expense management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead store partners to foster a service & selling culture and exceed overall expectations to build long-standing customer relationships.
- Implement and uphold an environment of continuous learning by exhibiting expert-level product knowledge across all categories and developing a training plan for each store partner to achieve full competency in all product categories such as western boots, work boots, denim, hats and add-ons.
- Assess and communicate localized customers' needs to District Manager.
- Analyze and measure business trends to maximize sales to meet or exceed key metrics and sales goals.
- Review sales goals with partners, providing consistent and timely coaching, actionable feedback, and recognition of excellence. Lead by example, being present on the sales floor during peak business hours.
- Ensure adequate staffing to meet the changing business needs and payroll expenses.
- Adapt to changing business needs and procedures; adjust store schedule as needed, determine payroll implications, implement operational directives, train staff on new procedures and policies, and communicate with all appropriate District, Region and Store Support Center partners.
- Ensure appropriate merchandise stock levels, merchandise adjacencies and presentations, signing and assortments adhere to all Company visual presentation guidelines. Additionally, ensure all store partners are educated/trained on these guidelines.
- Lead and coach associates in building customer engagement through the Boot Barn Credit Card and B Rewarded Loyalty Programs. Provide accountability for achieving individual and team goals.
- Partner with District Manager to plan and execute successful experiential volume driving events, including outreach to the local community/market.
- Ensure the store leadership team understands and embraces their specific roles per the store's specific leadership matrix.
- Complete all opening and closing procedures to company standards and comply with the company's Time and Attendance policy and procedures.
- Demonstrate high degree of professionalism in communication, attitude and teamwork with customers, team members, corporate partners and vendors. Additionally, demonstrate high level of quality work, attendance and appearance.
- Additional duties as assigned by Store Manager, District Manager or Store Support Center partners.
- Associate's Degree and/or 3 to 5 years of experience in retail store management.
- Experience managing direct reports and leading teams in a selling environment.
- Strong organizational and time management skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Availability to work a variety of shifts to meet the business needs including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to be flexible and willing to work extended hours when necessary.
- Up to 15% travel to support local stores, as needed.
- Customer Centric/Sales Driven - Assesses customer experience within the store and promotes a culture of customer engagement. Is attentive to customers and understands their needs, offers products that are aligned with the consumers' expectations. Continually searches for ways to improve customer service.
- Ensure Effective Communication - Listens carefully and attentively to others' opinions and ideas. Communicates information clearly, concisely, and professionally.
- Establish Trust - Follows through on commitments. Is honest and direct with others. Promotes a culture of respect for, commitment to, and compliance with Company values, beliefs, and standards. Ensures the protection of confidential information.
- Humble Leadership - Ensures that the needs of store partners and customers are met. Provides team with encouragement and motivation, timely coaching and feedback, and opportunities for continued development and advancement. Exhibits a calm confidence without ego and sets the standards of service and building community.
- Expert Knowledge - Exhibits experience and expertise in all aspects of the business: industry and sales acumen, products and fit, and the local and Western community.
Boot Barn Benefits & Additional Compensation Opportunities
- Competitive hourly rate plus sales incentives (SPIFFS) and monthly store sales bonus.
- Merchandise discount: 50% off of Exclusive Brands and 40% off of third-party brands.
* Paid Time Off plan for year-round Boot Barn Partners.*
* Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance.*
- 401(k) plan with generous company matching.
- Flexible schedules and work/life balance.
- Opportunities for growth at every level - we are opening 50+ new stores each year.
- For eligible Boot Barn Partners
- compensation varies based on geography, skills, experience, and tenure
In general, the following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by a Partner to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to allow differently abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Standing and walking and for 75% of the work shift.
- Bending, stooping, kneeling and squatting occasionally throughout scheduled shifts.
- Use a ladder and/or step stool occasionally.
- Required to lift, move and carry up to 40 pounds.
- Ability to read, count and write to accurately complete all documentation and reports.
- Must be able to see, hear and speak in order to communicate with partners, customers and vendors.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Manual dexterity required using hands to finger; handle, feel and type; reach with hands and arms.
[ ] Sedentary: Limited activity, no lifting, limited walking
[ ] Light: Office work, some lifting, bending, stooping or kneeling, walking
[ X ] Moderate: Mostly standing, walking, bending, frequent lifting
[ ] Arduous: Heavy lifting, bending, crawling, climbing
In general, the following conditions of the work environment are representative of those that a Partner encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to allow differently abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job within the environment.
- The workspace is clean, orderly, properly lighted and ventilated with the proper safety compliance.
- Noise levels are considered moderate.
Boot Barn, Inc. reserves the right to make exceptions to modify or eliminate this document or its content. This document supersedes all previous policies, procedures or guidelines pertaining to this subject.
Our core value of community bands us together in supportive and inclusive ways to drive our collective success. Boot Barn provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national or ethnic origin, veteran or military status, disability, as well as any other protected status under the law.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) - Boot Barn will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required by applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Boot Barn Store or Distribution Center or reach out to Human Resources at 1-949-453-4400, Option 4.