Exciting opportunity for the right candidate
We're looking for a rockstar VP-Engineering to lead our technical product development and jump in the deep end with code.
Depending on technical and leadership expertise of the candidate, this role may be structured as Chief Technology Officer (CTO) or Chief Architect.
Change the world by empowering college students to succeed
With Nearpeer, college students are more successful and less isolated. Independent university research proves that students who use Nearpeer are more successful. Those students are better supported by their peers, which also promotes degree completion.
Nearpeer’s platform includes our network to connect students, mobile apps, and browser-based access for students to engage. This also includes machine learning to foster healthy connections between students based on shared context, background, interests, and classes.
Required Duties & Skills
- Design, implementation, and maintenance of technologies including Node.JS, hapi, ReactJS, Redux and Cordova
- Design, creation, implementation, and maintenance of mobile apps that are deployed into app stores including Apple App Store and Google Play Store
- Own and lead product development from design to technical architecture to execution
- Suggest improvements based on changing technology, needs, and capabilities
- Monitor and reduce cybersecurity product risk
- As we grow, work closely with other engineers, designers, and management teams to rapidly build, iterate, test, and deploy new features and products and maintain a high-quality robust code base
- For candidates interested in leading the team, to eventually recruit, develop and oversee an engineering team capable of carrying out necessary product development initiatives
- Routinely interact with Nearpeer users to better understand their needs
- Manage application architecture via Amazon Web Services (AWS) tools such as EC2, S3 and CDN
- Analytics experience
- 5-10+ years of relevant development and team management experience
- Agile development practices
- Experience deploying, scaling and maintaining applications on AWS
- API design experience
Other helpful, relevant skills
- Startup passion and experience
- Higher education technology expertise
- Chatbots, machine learning, and AI
- Edtech education technology, colleges, university, universities, melt, student retention
Job Type: Full-time
- Engineering: 5 years (Preferred)
- Software Development Team Management: 2 years (Preferred)
- Portsmouth, NH (Preferred)