Not your typical Front Desk Job! Come help us with clerical work while making a positive impact on youth!
Under the direction of the Front Desk Manager/Impact Specialist, the Branch Aide is responsible for assisting with clerical duties as directed by the Front Desk Manager/Impact Specialist. Duties may involve preparing correspondence and reports, checking members in or out, inputting data, filing, answering phones, making copies, scanning documents and other duties as directed.
- Project a positive and pleasant image of the front reception area at all times. Greet members and guests and keep the area clean and orderly including keeping files in proper order and up to date.
- Assist Front Desk Manager/Impact Specialist with maintaining accurate membership data by recording members as they enter and exit, and checking cards to ensure all youth and teens are registered members. May assist with entering program information and membership in the database.
- Assist with filling.
- Disseminate information to members and parents about upcoming events and field trips and hand out and receive permission slips as required.
- May assist with notification of late payments and/or tracking uncollected funds.
- Participate in weekly branch staff meetings.
- Assist with preparing correspondence, lists of field trip attendees, schedules, summer camp group lists, permission slips, and other typing and copying as required. Proofreads all materials for accuracy prior to supervisory review and approval.
- Answer phones and assures calls or messages are transferred to the appropriate person.
- Organize the office area and notify supervisor when supplies are getting low.
- May sell snacks during approved times, inventory and stock the snack counter, and ensure all snacks are paid for.
- May participate in additional special programs and/or events
- May drive Club van.
- Other duties as assigned.
Internal: Maintains close, daily contact with branch staff and volunteers, branch members, and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain guidelines/instructions; instruct; and advise/counsel.
- High School student working toward diploma or GED
- Experience in working with children
- Ability to motivate youth and manage behavior issues
- Ability to work with the public
- Ability to organize and supervise members in a safe environment
- Valid State Driver’s License (if applicable)
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $10.50 to $11.25 /hour
- Receptionist: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bilingual / Spanish-English (Preferred)