Our Customer Care Center (call center) is expanding to a 500+ seat center - we currently have over 100 positions
We are hiring for August 13th, 20th and 27th!- come join the family of JCPenney
What we offer:
- Paid 3 week training
- Benefits day 1 of employment (health, dental, vision, 401k and 25% associate discount)
- $11/hour plus shift differential
- Bilingual Spanish differential
- Must be flexible to work weekends/mid to evenings
- Professional growth
What we are looking for:
Customer Care Representative 1 J. C. Penney Company, Inc., one of the nation's largest apparel and home furnishings retailers, is on a mission to ensure every shopping experience is worth the customer's time, money and effort. Whether shopping jcp.com or visiting one of over 850 store locations across the United States and Puerto Rico, customers will discover a broad assortment of products from a leading portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Supporting this value proposition is the warrior spirit of over 100,000 JCPenney associates worldwide, and we’d like to add you to the team!
Are you someone who has passion for providing word-class customer service and first call resolution in a fast-paced retail call center sales environment? Well…being a Customer Care Representative 1 at JCPenney might be the position for you!
General Description Provides front-line customer service via the telephone and other media sources with the primary objective of taking sales orders while suggesting additional products and/or services. Strives for first call resolution by providing excellent customer service.
- Provides customer service via telephone and other media sources to take sales orders.
- May assess needs and suggest alternative products or services to drive add on sales.
- Strives for first call resolution with customers
- Operates a computerized system to enter sales information or conduct basic tracking/information gathering for JCPenney merchandise orders.
- Communicates with customers regarding availability of merchandise, shipping information, method of payment, transportation charges and other component costs of current or previous orders.
- Submits adjustments for simple, shortage, promotional, damage and incorrect pricing on previous orders.
- Performs job functions within established acceptable performance standards to include production and accuracy
- Performs other related tasks as assigned.
Skills & Experience
- Ability to appreciate the customer’s perspective by showing empathy, patience, and treating a customer the way they would expect to be treated.
- Good verbal communication skills: Positive attitude and approaching issues with an optimistic “can do” spirit.
- Active listening to fully understanding and acknowledging the issue before addressing.
- Interpersonal skills: Being able to read the needs of the customer and adjust behaviors to maximize service and sales.
- Insightful product knowledge to drive sales. Private brand awareness and the ability to drive customer loyalty.
- Comfort level with suggesting additional products/services to customers
- Possess advanced customer relations skills, including active listening, empathy, conflict resolution and organized problem-solving skills.
- Understand and professionally communicate customer inquiry procedures and policy to customers, as the situation may dictate.
- Satisfactory writing skills as applicable to keyboarding communications.
- Computer keyboarding and navigating capability to multi-task during customer interactions.
- Understanding of basic mathematical skills, including complex percentages.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $11.00 /hour
- Customer Service Experience: 1 year (Required)
Communication method(s) used: