Are you ready to work with a purpose? At ABB, you can be sure you’re helping to create a better world. The business you’ll secure and the
partnerships you’ll build will touch the lives of millions when they lead to sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world or improved safety for workers in auto plants.
ABB is seeking a Indirect Tax Manager for the Cary, North Carolina location. You will be responsible for transaction and property tax aspects of US ABB and subsidiaries’ operations, including transactional (sales, use, gross receipts, VAT, GST/HST) tax compliance, planning, property tax efforts, state and local tax audits and tax accounting.
Typical duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
Tax Management/Business Partnering:
Tax Engines and Compliance Planning:
- Tax Compliance, Audits and Tax Accounting.
- State and local transactional and large site property tax compliance management.
- FAS 5 for transactional tax impacts of audits and acquisition activity.
- Manage large scale state and local transactional and property tax audits.
- SME to the businesses on U.S. transactional and property tax issues.
- Monitor, assess and communicate tax legislation and regulatory developments to optimize the company’s tax position.
- Work with business controllers to provide tax services, including presentations and training, on business planning, transactional structuring, transactional and property taxes.
- Responsible for Sarbanes-Oxley and FAS5 reporting requirements for ABB and subsidiaries.
Mergers and Acquisitions/Planning:
- Leader for integration of multiple tax engines/exemption certificate programs on different ERP’s on to a unified platform.
- Manage the successful migration of indirect tax compliance activities to an internal global business services hub.
- Analyses and provide tax advice regarding structuring and implementation of tax software for acquisitions and dispositions of companies.
- Lead U.S. transactional tax aspects of acquired company integration efforts.
- Ensure that the relationships between USABB companies and their non-US affiliates are tax efficient in the context of proposed transactions and current and anticipated ABB tax postures.
- Negotiate state and local tax incentives for ABB and subsidiaries.
- Researches taxability of most complicated product and service offerings for ABB and subsidiaries.
- Manages tax software agreements, implementations and updates.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance and eight (8) years of experience in Sales & Use tax experience, ideally within a multinational organization.
- Strong organizational and project leadership skills especially in tax engine and compliance migration efforts.
- Considerable transactional & property tax experience with large multi-national organization, sales / use / VAT / GST / property tax audits, etc.
- Strong research analytical, verbal and writing communication skills, including ability to explain and apply technical tax rules/laws to business owners and customers.
- SAP, Sabrix and/or Vertex experience.
- CMI, CPA or Master’s Degree.
- Experience with large scale compliance transitioning.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
Location Cary, North Carolina, USA
Business Unit Region Function Finance
Date posted 2018-09-21
Job Function Finance
Publication ID US66521856_E1