Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Facility Engineer positions with a company that owns and manages data centers in New Jersey and North Carolina and provides Tier-III data center suites to large-footprint highly uptime-sensitive customers, principally Fortune 500 companies. By leveraging best-in-class facilities, engineering/operating protocols, and personnel, the company enables clients to rely on it for mission-critical facilities and support services so they can focus on their core IT competencies. Our client has developed approximately 1.6 million square feet of primary production and failover data centers for a diversity of enterprises, including multiple Fortune 500 corporations across industries including financial services, healthcare, technology, media, and biotechnology, among others.
As a Facility Engineer, you will be responsible for the operation and maintenance of all electrical, mechanical, and HVAC equipment within the Data Center. This equipment supports mission-critical servers and must maintain for 100% uptime. You will also work with Artificial Intelligence, liquid cooling computers, as well as the latest cutting-edge technology. Your responsibilities will include:
- Ensure proper distribution of power within the facility and to equipment racks.
- Ensure Prompt repair of any failed or degraded equipment.
- Ensure proper operation and maintenance of all equipment.
- Manage contractors and vendors that perform work in the Data Centers. Institute and maintain maintenance contracts for equipment.
Location: Sterling, VA
Salary: Total Compensation: $85K- $110K - ($31-$37/hr) + Bonuses (10%) + Shift differential (%5) + Overtime
- 4 days on and 3 days off
- Every month the shift rotates
Rotating Schedule: Provides Fewer issues for business/management and better for teamwork, even spread of salary/health. Advantages:
- Keeps them engaged in company objectives; not disconnected from the business.
- Learn during all times and shares amongst team.
- Improved customer experience.
- Train and interact with all employees for day managers.
- Fixed Night shifters get less sleep than rotating shifters.
- Better communication amongst all workers.
- Better balance of skills, bettering stability, quality, and productivity.
- More perceived fairness amongst seniors and juniors; therefore, stronger team feel.
- Less personnel required to carry work load.
- Night workers displayed less “burnout” from emotional exhaustion and depersonalization.
- Annual salary spread closer amongst team.
- Medical and dental care coverage
- 10 paid holidays (This is given day 1)
- 15 days paid-time-off (This is given day 1)
- Commuter Benefit (employees can use tax-free funds to pay for parking and public transportation-such as train, subway, bus, ferry, trolley, or vanpool-as part of their daily commute to work. Funds are moved to the account before taxes are deducted, which reduces their overall tax burden.)
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a Data Center or other applicable position preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of medium (25kV) and low (120/208 and 277/480) volt systems including UPS, PDU, transformer, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of generators. Advanced knowledge of CRAH systems.
- Due to the nature of the position, must be able to lift 50 lbs. Overhead.
- Ideal candidate will have advanced knowledge of mechanical (generators, chillers, air handlers) and electrical systems (25kV to 120/208/277/480-volt UPS, PDU, transformer), etc.
- Ideal candidate will have license in facilities operation trades acceptable.
- Ideal candidates include: All Nuclear and Submarine Radio, Fire Control, and Sonar trained personnel; a JMO that just got out the military; Below deck watch candidate; Generator, UPS, HVAC, Transformer Technicians.
Job Type: Full-time
- Prior Military: 2 years (Required)