At this level the associate is able to perform more complex duties per standard work including process changeovers and troubleshooting with minimal guidance or help from a trainer or support. They are able to recognize and solve some non-routine problems.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Complete set-up and operation of machining equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Perform start-stop procedures including, but not limited to: machine and conveyor start-up, loading of raw material, and machine shutdown.
- Perform simple and advanced changes, adjustments, and set-up to tooling and fixtures.
- Complete records and forms.
- Check machined parts visually and dimensionally according to quality standards.
- Clean chips from tooling and parts.
- Recognize and report machine malfunctions and part discrepancies to supervisor.
- Preset tooling as required.
- Set-up parts, process and machine as required.
- Perform daily, semi-annual and annual machine maintenance.
- Correct problems in set-up, non-conformance, tooling and machining processes.
- Make suggestions for process changes that may improve machining operations.
- Maneuver around machine, includes but may not be limited to standing, bending, stretching and walking.
- Repair, replace and/or modify the equipment if required.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- External: Minimum of 30 months of applicable machining experience.
- Internal: Must be fully qualified as a Level 2 Machine Operator
- Advanced knowledge about metal or plastic cutting processes and equipment
- Self-motivated and able to learn at a fast pace.
- Demonstrates proficient machining, communication, and troubleshooting.
- Operate machine: that includes loading and unloading parts, inspection gages, comparator, micrometers, calipers, 6” rule, dial indicator, ring gages, drill/reamer, Johnson gages and Datum gages, magnifier and lights, miscellaneous hand tools and chip strippers.
- Identifies and corrects machining problems relative to tools and tool holders, collets and chucks.