GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Responsible for daily function of the scheduling office and assisting with patient needs, in the office and on the phone.
Hours 7:45am-4:30pm Monday-Friday
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Greet patients in polite, prompt & helpful manner. Provide necessary instructions and direction.
2. Update patient information, provide any necessary forms needing completion, obtain medical records, updated insurance information, schedule/cancel/reschedule patients, etc.
3. Answer phones in pleasant manner and accommodate patient needs, record messages for physicians and nurses & revise patient schedules
4. Schedule radiology and/or procedures, as directed.
5. Prepare appointment schedules to provide physicians with accurate list of patient workload.
6. Request historical medical records from referring provider or primary care physician as needed for treatment of the patient. Which include but are not limited to lab work, past radiology reports, consult notes, surgical notes, office visit summaries etc.
7. Use effectively the current operating system for Electronic Medical Records including appointment management and use of system for scheduling properly
8. Maintain adequate level of office supplies
9. Address questions in regards patient appointments
10. Maintain patient confidentiality and compliance with HIPAA laws and regulations
11. Manage daily tasks and clinical inbox
12. Answer and respond to referrals and voicemails
13. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Mental alertness and adaptability to office and field area work routines. Equivalent to four years high school or GED, with particular emphasis during high school in office skills, shop skills, or others, plus 0 to 6 months related experience or training. Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience: Minimum of six months receptionist experience, preferably in healthcare setting, and experience with office equipment.